Tyrus may sit untill NCAA's

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by macatak911, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

If we didn't have a chance at a 2 seed, I would say screw the SEC tourney, because we are a 4 seed at worst right now. If we win the SEC tourney, we will get the 2 seed. The odds of making the final four as a two are a huge difference in making it as a 3 or 4. So it would would be worth the risk if he thinks he can play.

The big thing is, you can't really make a high ankle sprain worse by playing on it, you can only delay the healing process. If he can play on it and it gets us a 2 seed than fine. But it is a gamble. Because if he plays on it and we lose or somehow still end up a 3 or 4 than it was all for nothing.

2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

you gotta think that more minutes is a good thing for MR, etc.

3. pheroy

pheroy Founding Member

Sorry to revisit this but... a couple of further comments: the next game is Ole Miss, and then the SEC tourney, so I don't see how that comment could possibly be interpreted that way.

Also, in another thread you say:

I take that as you seem to agree that expectations should be set as much on a nationally competitive level, as SEC level, no?

4. pheroy

pheroy Founding Member

Back to the original topic, I think that if we beat Ole Miss today, we are virtually a lock for a 3 seed. So assuming we beat Ole Miss with Thomas out, I think Brady is playing this exactly right -- Thomas only plays in the SEC tourney if he's 100%. Worst case, if we lose the first SEC game we fall from a potential 2 to a 3. The only slight downside might be a bit of rust in the NCAA with Thomas out 2 weeks, but I'd much rather have him raring to go against a 14/15 seed to shake off the rust, than still hobbling.

5. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

I agree. I think that it is worth it to have him sit out and be 100% for the NCAA tourney! Hopefully we wont have to worry about Ole Misserable. :wink: