Tyrus staying or going?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scrappy, Mar 25, 2006.

1. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

You know that the scouts have been watching these games and are liking what they are seeing. Tyrus has played his best all around defensive basketball the last two games. The guy is all over the place. Today he was LSU's second leading scorer and was a complete forced to be reckoned with. He is an impact player in so many ways. He can change the moment of the game with a dunk or block. He can affect the other team (as we saw with Duke) in terms of penetrating. He's really improved his mid range jumper. Think of it this way, Aldridge is a potential lottery pick and the inside force of the Tigers virtually shut him down. I hope that he stays but if the goes it wouldnt suprise me. People say that he should look at the example that Brandon Bass set last year. He left early and regrets it. The difference between TT and BB is that Thomas has the ability to do so many more exciting things on the floor that the NBA wants. He can jump through the roof, block shots, and he's developing a jump shot. BB was a better all around player. Don' get me wrong, he has a lot of work to do. He needs to put on some weight and become a better ball handler. But some mock drafts have him top 10 and if you can go top 10, you can't pass that up. Has his performance really upped his draft stock?

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Who cares right now. The team has games to play.

3. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Your right. It just crossed my mind when I was looking at some Mock Drafts.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

guess my resonse seemed kinda harsh.. but believe me the last thing we need tot alk about now is the nba.. good times in tiger town and we have sooo much great stuff to talk about instead. :thumb: :tigerhead

5. Adam4848

Adam4848 Founding Member

His parents announced that they want him to stay earlier...

so don't worry about him leaving.

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Personally, I think he needs to develope his shooting a little bit more before he makes that leap (pun intended). But if he wins it all this year, how in the world could you blame him? Total f'ing freak of nature.

7. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I love the "stay or go" discussions, but absolutely, positively to partake in such foolishness as LSU IS HEADED TO THE FINAL FOUR!!

8. Adam4848

Adam4848 Founding Member

Also if yall have noticed he had cramps today due to him playing 40 minutes of basketball respectively. His high ankle sprain might have given the scouts a question about him being injury pron.

My guess is that because of these things the scouts may want to see how he fares next season in college.

End of disscusion.

9. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

espn insider and nbadraft or something like that have him going #1 now. Still think he stays one more though.

10. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I think he gains a LOT staying at LSU. He is a great leaper, but he needs to work on his midrange shot, physical strength, decision making. I think he is still rough. The NBA scouts will fill your head with crap, and it may or may not work out for you. Develop your skills and you control your own destiny.

His parents are right to want him to stay at least another year at LSU! , or better yet, 2 more years.

Tyrus should stay put.