Tyrus staying or going?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scrappy, Mar 25, 2006.

1. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

He does need to develop the outside shot, but the NBA draft seems to be more about potential these days than anything else. I don't see how an NBA team could pass him over in favor of some high school kid. He can improve his game and his physical strength by staying, but I don't think he can improve his draft position much more, if any.

2. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Agree. But I think he'll hang around another year b/c of his relationship with Davis and the Temples. I'm sure Collis will be in his ear telling him in needs one more year. And I wouldn't be surprised if Bass tells him the same thing.

Then again, this may be my wishful thinking...

3. Adam4848

Adam4848 Founding Member

Yall hear that end of discussion:yelwink2:

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

some of you dont get that what a player and/or their family says means nothing.

this seems to be the perfect case for declaring but not signing. if he doesnt go high enough, then come back.

if they offer top money, might as well develop in nba.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6. Victory4LSU

Victory4LSU Founding Member

Just crossed your mind eh scrappy??
    yeah right, it crossed your mind while your were picking your pea brain for something negative, non positive to say. Typical commentary from you.

Lets take a trip back in the arrogant world of scrappy. Early in the season he claims on this forum and on the radio that HE could outplay, outshoot g. temple.... AHAHHAHAHHAHA what a joke!! temple has alot of skills you lack scrap, hustle, intensity and the biggest thing of all HEART and a love for LSU.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I think it would benefit Tyrus & Big Baby to come back for atleast one more year. As far as draft status goes, T-Time is probably a top 5 pick (no way he'd go #1 right now) but with another year of development, not only could he improve his draft stock a little higher but also be that much more developed when he goes into the league & be able to make a bigger impact faster.

Everyone will be telling him to stay another year. If his parents want him to stay another year, that leads me to believe they are financially well off enough to wait a year for the money & could be a very big factor.

8. Blackstripes

Blackstripes Founding Member

9. Victory4LSU

Victory4LSU Founding Member

IMO that means nothing in regard to their overall financial status. She made the trip to atl. and stayed with friends. From an interview I say with ty he said she could not afford the air and hotel etc to n.c so he promised her he would get to atl. because she had friends she could stay with. Alot of fans are living payday to payday and only made the trip thanks to the glorious credt card, the death of this country.

I say no way ty goes. if the do win it all he comes back for the highly touted repeat. if they lose he comes back to git what he's hongry for.

the money will be there. he certainly isn't going to lose his skills over the summer and a career ending injury is the only thing stopping him from a top of or near top of the heap draft spot.

10. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Just because she couldn't make the game due to financial reasons, doesn't necessarily mean she is having any financial problems. They could have enough money to live on, just not enough to enjoy any frivolous luxuries. I'm just speculating here, as I don't know their financial situation. But I wouldn't be worried about Tyrus leaving for the NBA simply because his mother didn't have enough money to travel to the games in Jacksonville.