Tyrus staying or going?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scrappy, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Blackstripes

Blackstripes Founding Member

good point.

:lsup:

2. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

This is fun and all, but this topic is more depressing and stressful than talking about playing UCLA next weekend! :)

Bottomline, we won't know until the season's over, the players get poisoned by all of the agents, they read crap about their draft status, and "deliberate" with their families for a couple of months. Year after year, LOTS of things change from week to week in the minds of players who get dazzled by the thought of NBA dough. Look what happened to Bass.

So, I for one will wait until May and hope for the best. Hopefully, the "brotherhood" of this team and the wise experience of Brandon Bass will mean something to these kids. Shaquille O'Neal? Where are you now. How about a call into Davis and Thomas... you kept the L-Train in college!

:geauxtige :bball: :champs: LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. BRING THE MAGIC BACK TO THE PMAC!!!

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

He'll stay especially if we don't win all the marbles.
    Do I think LSU will win the Championship this year?
    Nope, the only reason I say this is our outside game hasn't been very good
    the last few games having said that I do think its possible that our big men
    can dominate like the last 2 games, if we play defense like the last 2 games
    its possble.
    Defense does win championships.

The thing is our perimeter game and guard play is our weakness.
    It will be interesting if the next 2 games we play can take advantage of our weakness.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It all depends on what Thomas really wants. And who knows?

1. If he wants his number to hang up there with Pettit, Maravich, and O'Neal, he will play another two years and become a consensus All-American and a Superstar with a championship ring. The NBA will always be there for him. He could be a #1 in a year or two with a rep like that.

2. But if he projects in the upper half of the first round this year, like some have said, Thomas could be a major multi-millionaire in a few weeks being paid to do what he loves to do. Why risk a career-ending injury for the chance to boost his contact from $5 million to $10 milion.

The safest bet for a secure future is leave now. The best potential for maximum fame and riches is to stay.

If it were me, I do #1. Superstar college career followed by a Superstar pro career like Jordan and O'Neal. But it's all about what Thomas really wants. Shaq went for the fame and fortune . . . Bass went for the safe future.

5. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

My wife and I went down to Jacksonville for the TPC today. We crossed the St. John river on the car ferry that connects Amelia Island to Jax.

Parked next to the Naval yard was Tiger Woods' $20 million yacht, called Privacy, which he recently bought for his Swedish wife as an anniversary present.

RULE ONE: Don't let Tyrus ride the car ferry.

6. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

It all depends on what you mean by secure future, 85% of all professional athletes are broke (really broke) 2-5 years post retirement.

Athletes with the most success post retirement are those that retire from the PGA and those with college degrees, or the .01% that move into sports broadcasting.

7. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

...and join the Seniors tour...:hihi:

8. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

Might be a little late for that:hihi: . Unless of course you're worried about him bolting from the Hornets.

9. SabanFanFukker

SabanFanFukker Freshman

:grin: :grin: