Tyrus Thomas

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Apr 6, 2006.

1. clair

clair Rockets

yeah... he got me so bad...

look at his stats the last 2-3 weeks...

a lot of the stats are watered down, because when he first got to Orlando, he played 3-4 minutes with no points, because he didn't know the plays

that is what is killing his numbers...

4 of his last 5 games, he has had double digit points, dude...

And why are you preaching to me about why TTime should stay? Look at every other thread about this... I am always the only one saying that he should get a jumper while in college, because in the NBA, it may be too late... so you are preaching to the choir

2. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

You make a good point, but he still got ya.:wink:

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Not entirely true... At one point, Bass was told that he could be ("could" being the key word here) as high as a 1st-rounder...

4. friday

friday Founding Member

another bust #1 overall pick is marcus fizer. he was recently picked up by the hornets, but has yet to see the floor due to brandon bass' tough defense and rebounding. look for bass to continue to see time until PJ Brown comes back from his ankle injury.

5. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

I may be wrong, but I thought Bass was recently sent to a NDBL league. As for Fizer, he plays for the Austin Toros and was recently signed to a 10 day contract in the NBA. So, he's back up.

Bass STILL goes down in my book as a bigtime mistake. Glen is listening to Brandon. Stay in School. As for Tyrus, completely different story. He's a more Stro' or Kendrick Brown, argument. Turn down guaranteed lottery money to stay in school? Harder debate.

6. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

you're wrong, as usual. he was sent down for 1 (one) game then called immediately back up. if you had read this thread, you'd already know that.

might have been a mistake on his part, but bass doesn't deliver seven blocks against duke and gives up too much height down low to josh mcroberts. tyrus thomas isn't a lottery pick if bass starts this year. bass was part of the "I hate you, coach" group as well so he's got known attitude problems. glad to see him go from a fan perspective.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

He was, but then brought right back to the Hornets in just a few days. He hasn't seen a lot of playing time, but he has seen some.

That said, I think it was a mistake for him to go pro so early. If he isn't seeing much playing time with the Hornets, considering how shallow their bench is due to injuries, he doesn't have a bright future.:(

8. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

i just read that sports illustrated article where big baby said he was coming back so i am not worried about him at all....i imagine tyrus will wanna stay too....they wanna get back to atlanta so bad.....so I am not worried at all.

9. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

10. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

Im not worried either. I dont remember the magazine, but I remember reading some convincing stuff that TT isnt leaving.