Tyrus Update

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TGer'nLHornLand, Jun 28, 2006.

1. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

So, in somewhat of a twist, Chicago drafts Lamarcus Aldridge at #2, in a reported deal where they send Lamarcus to Portland for the #4 pick (where Tyrus would be drafted) and another player and future rights.

So, Tyrus gets his team, but less money... I hate to see Tyrunasaurus get less money when he ate L-train's lunch in the NCAAs.

But, #4 ain't bad...

GEAUX TYRUS! GO LSU. LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. :geauxtige :bball: :champs:

2. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

How much less is he getting at #4?

How much does the #2 overall get?

3. TGer'nLHornLand

Another note. There's Randy Livingston at Madison Square with the Thomas family.

Notes from ESPN... 5 LSU players taken in the top 5 in history. Comparison from Bilas to Thomas to Amare Stoudamire. Comparison from Greg Anthony to Thomas to Shawn Marion.

Kudos to Chicago for the pick from Steven A, and everyone's asking what the hell Portland is doing.

Chicago now has Duhon and Thomas and has a little LA pipeline...

Thomas being interviewed: "It's just a blessing to be here right now. He's looking forward to going to Chicago and getting to work."

On the Chicago bulls: "they're young, they like to run. Skiles is a good motivator and good teacher." He's looking forward to playing hard for Skiles.

:geauxtige :bball: :champs: LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL.

4. TGer'nLHornLand

Well, the NBA lottery picks in the last 4 years or so went to a graduated, set scale, where the lottery pick # determines your overal $ package, so NBA teams didn't go crazy with the salaries (ala Kevin Garnett).

I don't know what the scale is this year, but it's based upon an average of past years plus some inflation increase.

Unfortunately, over the life of the contract, a few pick spots can result in $Ms. For example, in 2002, the difference between the #2 pick and #4 was about $2.1M over the set 3 year contract.

Tyrus probably goes from about $12-13M or so to $10-11M.

Nevertheless, Tyrus's a lottery pick and, if there is the trade as discussed, he's going to a team where he can succeed. It will result in long term conditions to lead to big bucks in his next contract.

:geauxtige :bball: :champs: LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. PACK THE PMAC!!!

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Yay, congratulations TT!!

6. Sourdoughman

I have to say this...
    Not bad for a football school!!!:lol: :thumb:
    Sorry, I had to do it!:redface: :geauxtige

btw, Just what are the Trailblazers doing?
    Getting worse?

7. TGer'nLHornLand

Correction, Tyrus makes #6 top 5 draft pick in history... Not bad for a football school.

Bob Pettit
    Pete Maravich
    Chris Jackson
    Shaq'
    Stro'
    Tyrus. For those trivia fans.

Portland just traded rights to Foye (who was a good pick) to Minnesota for Brandon Roy (who is arguably as good). Who knows what they're doing. They are going to be better... but that's not saying much.

If I'm Tyrus, I'm counting the seconds for the ink to dry on those trade papers...

Hornets' first pick is coming up...

:geauxtige :bball: :champs:

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

And that he was picked higher than any Dookie was icing on the cake!:thumb:

9. Sourdoughman

Yeah!!
    Boy, Chicago doing some wheeling and dealing tonight or what?

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Thomas may make a little less money, but the bulls will do a great job of developing Thomas & he'll also be with a team that's going to have a good amount of success - so I think he's in great shape for the future.

And Chicago got a hell of a deal by getting the player they wanted & a few perks. Portland's trade doesn't make much sense to anybody unless Chicago convinced them that they wanted Aldridge.