Tyrus Update

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TGer'nLHornLand, Jun 28, 2006.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

i like to quote that guy he rules:

"Yet another scholarship thrown away......

.......offer a scholarship to a kid to play at an SEC school who isn't even talented enough to contribute in his first year, in an era of basketball where the best players have no need for college, period?

Yet another brilliant move by John Brady..." - TE on tyrus thomas

"Tyrus Thomas? Garrett Temple? ...... How are these guys legitimate SEC Players? They aren't!" - TE

"we sure did put those two scholarships to good use by signing Garrett Temple & Tyrus Thomas, though, didn't we!" -TE

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

another one i like:

that was responding to a list of questionable recruits listed by sourdoughman (which unfortunately included glen davis, but i forgive sourdouhgman.)

the thing is, people go out of their way to hammer brady every chance they get, and never give him the benefit of the doubt, so i wouldnt put put much stock in rumors about him or negatives about the program that he is allegedly to blame for.

this is an example of what i mean, it think rumors deserve a little more scrutiny than a lack of anyone bothering to deny them, especially when they come from the source of the quotes i posted above.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

while he has remarried, he's still the same guy. I've met him quite a few times and hes always been nice and his antics on the bench entertain me. I've always thought he was a solid basketball coach.

the belief that hes some greatly changed man who found god or some shiite is simply a way of his bashers/doubters to save face from wanting him fired as he walked into the final 4 making them look foolish.

its funny how people justify everything they are wrong on like its treanor and not john who should get the praise. Or the recruits played together as kids so its not brady's doing. or he lucked into tyrus and it wasnt really john seeing his talent when no others did. or it was butch pierre responsible for everything and not brady.

til its something bad, then its all brady.

hypocrites are abound in full at all times. its so laughable its hard to fathom really.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

i have never met him, but seriously, if i believed everything i heard, i would expect him to immediately reveal himself to be an unbearable ass.

i am really curious as to what it was that rubbed so many the wrong way. maybe it was simply negative bandwagon and people making up crap about personal interactions. maybe brady is like a magical mirror who reflects the character of the person who meets him, and tirk is a gentleman, and the brady bashers are a bunch of scoundrels.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

well he speaks his mind, is a hothead and is brutally honest. oh and has a foul mouth on the bench which i like. kinda reminds me of saban.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

he changed some of his coaching style though, he said as much himself last year. i'd imagine he's a bit hard-headed (like all good coaches), but after being hit over the head numerous times (shawnson, jaime, etc) he's learned.

7. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

a real hypocrite would be someone who turned around and suddenly thought jb was an all time great type of guy after one final four appearance instead of sticking to previously formed opinions, as it were. but then again we are talking about issues outside of this website and the opinions expressed therein.

8. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

so you doubt there are people on here who also visit the pay sites that TE belonged to?

i mean, the silence spoke volumes at the time. it's not like he's the only member of these pay sites.

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I am not quite sure what you are trying to say.

I find it funny that you echoed the bus comments TE made. As if they were a fact. Now you are saying that they were indeed factual because some member of a private pay site/forum said them and that is where he got the information from? Perhaps you went on one of those sites and read it there too, therefore it was indeed true what he posted here?

Can't you see how funny that is! :hihi:

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

the player that was tyrus thomas before tyrus was playing ball (ben wallace)just signed with the bulls to give him a little competition. i dont know much about the bulls roster, but this is probably going to cut into playing time.