Tyrus Update

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TGer'nLHornLand, Jun 28, 2006.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

They are planning on using Tyrus as a small forward. Ben will be their center.

2. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2508889
    The Bulls are shipping off Tyson Chandler to the Hornets for PJ Brown and JR Smith. PJ Brown going to the Bulls is great for TT. I've met the guy when visitng family on the Northshore and he is total class by all accounts from my family who deal with him. Hopefully, TT will be used as the sixth man coming off the bench this year as energy guy. That would be a role that woud suit him well this year.

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

guess that makes sense. tt cant really handle bigmen. maybe with another 30-40 lbs and some more savvy.

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

just checked ben's bio. doesnt seem like he's only 20-25 lbs heavier than tt.

5. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

this is going to be great for TT. He is going to go to the playoffs his first year in the league with Ben Wallace. Wallace and Tyrus are going to be superstars in Chicago. Thats an athletic young team all around.:tigerhead

6. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

Maybe, but not at the same time. Wallace is coming to the end of his prime and probably only has a few more good years left. It'll take Tyrus a while to either bulk up enough to play PF or to learn a new skill set and move to SF. I think in a few years, if neither gets traded, Tyrus and Luol Deng will be a nasty combination. Personally, I think Ben Gordon is a little overrated.

7. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

Your probably right considering Wallace is getting into his mid 30's. Big Ben will be an instant star in Chicago, but I think TT will bring excitement in his first year. It will take him a couple years to develope some muscle and an offensive game.