U.N. Climate Chief: Critics Should Rub Their Faces With Asbestos

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

FOXNews.com - U.N. Climate Chief: Critics Should Rub Their Faces With Asbestos

Here's one for the global warming alarmists although I don't buy his argument.
    Even if he was correct that doesn't take away from all of his and IPCC's problems.

I have no doubt that big business and other things play a role in the non- man made global warming argument but by the same token you can say that the UN plays a role in the IPCC and they are both of the most corrupt, outrageous organizations in the world.
    No doubt those with the liberal left agenda and some governments support them.
    Big business has nothing on these people when it comes to corruption, politics and money.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Im trying to understand this so please excuse my ignorance. Are you saying that you think the whole Global Warming thing is a hoax so people involved with clean energy and alternative energy and green products can boost sales, and get their products across?

Lets just say for a minute the global warming thing is a hoax. Wouldn't it be nice to develop these products anyway, so we could quit depending on foreign oil?

And other the other hand, what if it isn't a hoax?

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Man made GW is, if not a hoax, a serious misreading of cyclical climate change.

4. Sourdoughman

Lets try and make this simple.
    When I talk about global warming being a hoax I am talking about the theory of man made global warming.
    Yes, I think the man made global warming is a hoax and I think there is more than enough proof out there.
    I have only been saying this for a short time but I have always been skeptical.
    Years ago I posted an article from NASA about the Mars Ice Caps melting.
    Lets also realize that the earth has warmed for many years since the ice age and it had nothing to do with man.

Global warming is a hoax but if it was real they only have themselves to blame, look at the lavish lifestyles, data errors, data manipulation and outrageous claims made by those around the world.
    If you truly believed that this hoax threatened our world they would lead by example.
    If it was true they wouldn't have to talk about data manipulation in their emails.

Not only that, we are much likely to get hit by a meteor anytime soon than this hoax but no one cares.
    You do know that is what suppose to have ended the Dinosaurs?
    Meteor supposedly brought winter, a cold spell on the earth.

No, its no hoax just because some people in the government can get rich off of voting for it and then profiting from.
    It happens but there is more to it then that.

I have no problem with green energy and products as long as it doesn't harm our way of living.
    I am all for Nuclear Energy, that is safe and would save a ton of gas and fuel, the greenie movement opposes it.

Matter of fact now that you mention it I may start selling "green houses" this year.
    These new houses are made from "freezer" panels and your cost of energy is one dollar per day.
    I am all for improving our way of life or maintaining our standard of living.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Gore is appx. 100 million dollars richer since his fear campaign began. Funny how that works.

1 person likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i just find it hard to believe that all the carbon burning and pollution has no effect on our planet. Im not saying i think that if we keep going at the rate we are its going to be defcon in 20 years, but it has to have some bearing on the planet.

7. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

There is a worldview that has been looking for a hook to hang it's agenda on. Not a conspiracy, but a worldview. They've been around for a long, long time. They've created communes, protested Vietnam, claimed peak oil about 5 times (wrong every time), claimed man-made global cooling, now man-made global warming, etc., etc., etc.,...

What's the agenda? Wealth redistribution, vegetarian/vegan lifestyles, huge governments and highly regulated production, etc., etc., etc.,...

So, GW a hoax? No. Man-made global warming a hoax? Hoax is too good a word. It's manipulation of an emotional topic to coerce folks to adapt to their worldview. To insert the worldview into kid's curriculum as "science".

Man-made Climate Change has been a HUGELY successful marketing campaign for this worldview.

The folks making money on this, by the way, are just businessmen exercising their last remaining rights in a Capitalist society. I'm all about it. If you can sell a book full of guesses and poorly documented claims, and make millions, more power to you.

A fool and his money are soon parted. Which is why banks should not be encouraged to lend mortgage money to morons.

8. Sourdoughman

I never said it had no effect on the planet, I think a lot of it is absorbed by the environment though.
    I don't except the premise that Co2 is bad for the planet because humans, animals and the planet produce Co2.

I have debated about Bandit88's post but I tend to lean in agreement with it.
    The Government can pretty much get some to agree to do anything in the name of saving the planet.
    Some have already given up control of their thermostats to strangers.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

right, but you are arguing that from a position of mind-boggling ignorance. you are completely clueless about the effects of CO2 in the atmosphere. totally, utterly, astonishingly clueless.

thats isnt to say i understand the complex interaction of chemicals in our atmosphere either. but i dont make statements like "i find it hard to believe that....". i have no idea. neither do you.

10. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

World may not be warming, say scientists - Times Online

Christy has published research papers looking at these effects in three different regions: east Africa, and the American states of California and Alabama.
    “The story is the same for each one,” he said. “The popular data sets show a lot of warming but the apparent temperature rise was actually caused by local factors affecting the weather stations, such as land development.”
    The IPCC faces similar criticisms from Ross McKitrick, professor of economics at the University of Guelph, Canada, who was invited by the panel to review its last report.
    The experience turned him into a strong critic and he has since published a research paper questioning its methods.
    “We concluded, with overwhelming statistical significance, that the IPCC’s climate data are contaminated with surface effects from industrialisation and data quality problems. These add up to a large warming bias,” he said.
    Such warnings are supported by a study of US weather stations co-written by Anthony Watts, an American meteorologist and climate change sceptic.

1 person likes this.