U.S. credit rating outlook lowered by S&P

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

The title clearly said: credit rating outlook lowered

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It panicked the jittery stock market which dropped 221 points at lunch.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

you didnt answer the question from supa

" Do you think it supports your statement that the US credit rating was lowered? "

yes or no

keep in mind the article explicitly says "S&P kept its "AAA'"-rating on the world's largest economy"

4. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

It doesn't matter if it's a country,a business or a private citizen there is only so much debt that can be amassed before the ability to pay is called in question. For as great as the united states economy is we can only owe so much before it becomes a problem. We have reached a point where we may just not be able to cover our debt. I hope for my child's sake that we can fix this before we end up like the late ussr.

5. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

I didn't make that statement. So I didn't answer.

6. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

For your children's sake I would buy some silver and gold or land or something outside the reach of Mr. Bernanke's out of control printing press.

The dollar is in the middle of crashing. I would be suprised if we don't have a dollar crisis before the summer is over.

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I will bet you 100 of em that we don't.

Do you by any chance subscribe to Porter Stansberry Research?

8. flabengal

No but I've heard about it. If I'm not mistaken my mom gets his newsletter. Why, is he predicting a dollar crash? If he is, he is not the only one. I listen to Marc Faber a lot. He was on tv the other day and said eventually the dollar will go to zero.

He was not predicting that anytime soon. He also said you will not see gold under $1000 oz. again in our lifetime.

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Yeah he is one of those scamsters pumping gold and silver as they near their peak. One thing you can be sure of, if gold were really going to continue climbing over the long hauls brokers would be buying it for themselves, not pushing it to us. The reason they are pushing it so hard is to unload inventory at high profits, not because it is a sound investment.

10. flabengal

Marc Faber a scamster? Not real sure what you are basing that on. Or did you mean Stansberry?

Anyway, Jim Rogers/Marc Faber/Peter Schiff are the guys I tend to agree with the most whenever I see them speak.

The main idea is to get invested in something tangible....something the gov't cannot create unlimited quantities of in order to reduce the value of your slice.

I don't get the impression from most of the talking heads that they are pushing people to invest in precious metals. I get quite the opposite idea from CNBC, for example.

Anyway, if you can't see that inflation is all around you and that even more inflation is on the way then I'm not sure what you are observing. The dollar is purposely being driven into the ground by the FED and they will not be denied. Gold is still miles from it's inflation adjusted high as is silver. It might end up in a bubble but it's not one now.