U.S. to release 30 million barrels from Strategic Petroleum Reserve

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mobius481, Jun 23, 2011.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Short term drop was clearly going to happen. Long term, this move does nothing for prices and nothing for the economy. All it does is reduce the amount of days we can sustain our needs without any imports if something terrible happens.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

So, could you support a pragmatic third party somewhere between these two polarized oversuffed behemoths? or are you looking for something to the right of the republicans?

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Please find the post where I ever suggested Obama was the answer. Surely you weren't asking me? Obama will go down as a far worse president than Bush and that's saying something!

4. TwistedTiger

I have been begging for a 3rd party for many years. I am not a fan of the Republican party, they are jut the lesser of two evils.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Sometimes they are the lesser of two evils and sometimes they are not. I've been an independent for almost 40 years and have gone back and forth several times with the lesser of two evils. Bush pushed me pretty far away from the GOP and I've see nothing that suggests the Republicans have changed a bit from the Bush era. Nothing.

6. TwistedTiger

The only change I see is a push to balance the budget and lower the debt which is a good thing. Nothing else has changed IMO.

7. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

The problem is talk and action are 2 totally different things.

8. TwistedTiger

Absolutely, you only have to look at hope and change for an example. Slogans are nice, but mean nothing. Both parties are a lot of hot air and fluff with very little substance.

1 person likes this.
  9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It was a rhetorical question. I quoted your post because I was in agreement.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That's fine, but surely (not Shirley) you cannot see anything in Obama's economic policies that give you confidence. Despite your efforts to justify his leadership, the economy is spiraling downward at an alarming rate.