UCLA flew under the radar...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scrappy, Apr 2, 2006.

1. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I know what your saying, how can a number 2 seed fly under the radar? Well, the Bruins did just that. What two teams got the bulk of the attention all week???? LSU and GMU. What happened to those two teams??? They basically got run out of the gym. I have been thinking the last few days that UCLA has really not been getting much play. They played the role of LSU in the 03 football season. That year everyone talked about how USC didnt get in and that OU was the greatest football team ever. They got outplayed completley by LSU in the NC game. UCLA dominated this game all the way. People were calling the radio show basically penciling LSU and Florida into the title game. The national media jumped on the bandwagon and were basically picking LSU. I guess things are doomed when the national media actually picks LSU.

2. meauxjeaux2

meauxjeaux2 Founding Member

Josh I'm sure this loss just made your day.You have been bashing(doubting)lsu all year on blakes show and been wrong all year too.Well your post had to wait till LSU actually lost to make since this time.Got tired of eating crow did you?Noone can explain the horrible shooting or the baby's inability to lay one in,so I see this kind of game to be A totaly freak kinda game(kinda like duke played when they got beat by LSU).sure the UNBELIEVABLE field shooting by ucla was A freak thing to .well you add those two things up and this is the sort of game you get.So please don't get on these boards and say you were right about anything.You have not earned that right! By the way this is Todd from denham.....not gonna hide behind a screen name

3. Victory4LSU

Victory4LSU Founding Member

Yes scrappy almost pee'd his pants with joy as the game unfolded. LSU was losing and not looking good, thats heaven for scrapster. Funny how he now pretends he saw it coming all along BUT he refused to pick a winner all week. Please spare me your "i have been thinking for the last few days" BS becasue you saw nothing. If you had your arrogance would not have allowed you to keep it to yourself until now.

The media and fans opinions had NOTHING to do with the loss. LSU was outplayed last night, it happens. Too bad it was in the semi's of the final 4.

This team has nothing to hang it's head about. They are champions and played that way all season. They will be back in the spotlight and get it done.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!! THanks for a GREAT season and a GREAT run!!!

4. tigerball

tigerball Founding Member

:thumb: I feel the same. Thanks for the season team.:lsup:

5. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I'm not going to say I told you so. I didnt make a prediction this week because I just chose not to. I thought LSU was going to win. You guys just amaze me. You take stuff so freaking seriously that it is sad. I support the basketball team. I'm at the games and I'm watching or listening when they are on the road. Yes, I thought they would lose to Duke, get over it. There are many people who bleed p and g just like you who thought they would lose. Then of course they got a free pass b/c they are die hard fans. I had a job which was to break down the game and say who I thought was going to win. Tell me why its crazy that I picked a number one seed to beat a 4???? It's not crazy. Atleast I had the balls to say what I thought and own up to it when they lost. You can say whatever the hell you want about me, but I say what I think and I really don't care what people think. I say what I believe. I could sit here like the LSU people who were crying overrated about Duke and Redick and stuff like that, but I won't. Eventhough LSU got peckerslapped by a team they were completely overlooking all week. Atleast all you guys pay enough attention to the show to know all these details. That makes me smile. Todd, give me a holler on Monday. Eventhough your talking smack here Todd, I think your a nice guy and it was nice to meet you at the Bash.

6. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Um UCLA did shoot the ball lights out in the first half. But, if I'm not mistaken, they only shot in the 20's in the second. UCLA did nothing special in the second half. The difference between LSU and Duke in this instance is that it was crazy that Duke couldnt hit 3's because they actually have shooters. Who in the world is shocked that LSU couldnt hit shots from the perimeter? They haven't done it all tournament.

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

They didn't have to. They were up by 15 or more most of the second half and we were shooting a worse percentage than they were.

8. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Good. Glad you have a thick skin. Because comments like THIS one:

lead me to believe that you're an even bigger douchebag than I thought you were before.

9. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

That is an opinon. I think everyone was overlooking UCLA. Everyone who calls the radio show was getting ready for Monday's championship game with LSU and Florida. The only thing I can figure is that they overlooked those guys. How can you go from playing as well as they did against Duke and Texas to playing like that??? I know UCLA had something to do with it, but geez, that was pretty pathetic. They had to be overlooking these guys. Also, there was nothing wrong with saying they got pecker slapped by UCLA. Did they not??? Did I watch a different game then you guys???

10. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I realize that being a young, spoiled brat, you don't have the maturity to understand this, but the fact is, it's an utterly classless way of phrasing it.
    Especially when there are a lot of us faithful out there who are still smarting from this loss.

Learn a little bit of tact, kid...you'll come off looking like a whole lot less of an ass than you really are.