UCLA flew under the radar...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scrappy, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Victory4LSU

Victory4LSU Founding Member

Part of the reason people react to what you say and how you say it is becasue EVERYONE knows you truly want to see LSU do poorly whnever possible just so you can use it as a dig at the fans and diehards. That stems from a jealousy that you have of LSU fans. You have never truly been a part of something like being a part of the LSU fandom, community if you will. YOu don't know what it's like to be a part of something so big, so powerful and so gratifying thru both the good and hard times. SO to make you feel better about having nothing in your sports life like the LSU experience you lash out at those you so secretly want to be a part of. You attempt to belittle them sometime veiled and others openly. You joke about and insult the football teams wife and head coach on LIVE bowl coverage, you squak htat another coach cheated for his 25 years at LSU and on and on and on. ................................so maybe, just maybe thats part of the reason WHY most respond to your comments on and off air the way they do.

This is something you love to preach yet you don't practice it. YES you do care what people think and say. You prove that by constantly saying it, if you truly didn't care you would not feel the need to keep reminding people of it. Me thinks you are trying to remind yourself. You want to be able to take the heat but you can't. You're not getting the love you so desperately wanted and thought you would get by being the self appointed edgy guy of br sports talk. GO FIGURE!

WHo knows why the team didn't show up. Certainly ucla was partly the reason, esp. when they didn't respond in the first 10 minutes of the game. Did they get lost in the hype?? Who knows but these young guys will learn from this and it like an early season non conference schedule, this will pay dividends in the future!!

Either way it was a great year for LSU fans. The loss or the way they lost does not tarnish one speck of the season that came before it.

GEAUX TIGERS!! The future is bright all over campus!

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Your high and mighty act of being "impartial" is just that, an act. No impartial person, and certainly no fan of LSU, would be so crass towards the team. Only someone who feels the need to constantly bash the Tigers would phrase things the way you do.

No wonder you have to play media on daddy's dime. You don't have the personality to hold down a job - not even at McDonalds. How pathetic.

3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

Definition of Class:

“The real tough part for me is that we beat LSU,” Howland said. “They have a great team, a very well-coached team. I really feel for all those people. We do as a community at UCLA as we do in southern California, the state of California, for all the Katrina victims. I’ve known a lot of people from our area that have gone (to Louisiana) and tried to help.

“As happy as I am about winning, if we were to lose, I would want to lose to no other team than LSU, especially with everything the state of Louisiana has gone through this year.”

Ben Howland, UCLA Head Basketball Coach

Definition of A$$:

4. OkieTigerTK

:(

5. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I love LSU basketball. As a fan of it, I believe I can say whatever I want. I've been following the team. I know about the players. I've watched this team the last few years. I am a fan of the team. I will admit that the term I used for the game last nite was classless. I'm really sorry about that. That was a dumbass thing to say. I do want it to be known that if I'm arrogant, your boy Victory4lsu is somewhere in that same neighborhood. Who and the hell is he to tell me that Im jealous of LSU fans???? It takes someone pretty arogant to make a bold statement. I'm a fan of sports teams that have great fans too. St.Louis Cardinals anyone???? How about Kansas City Chiefs??? These are two organizations that are famous for their fan support. Not to mention I support LSU as well. Its a pretty arogant statement to say anyone is jealous of your sports program when I am a part of it. I will admit that I'm not a rabid as you guys are and I'm sorry for that. I do say some pretty stupid arogant things at times. That is very true. I do need to learn when to insert foot in mouth more times then not. But please don't tell me that I'm jealous of anything V4lsu. I do aplogize to you guys for using such a bad term for the game last nite. I realized how dumb it was right after I typed it.

6. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

7. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

scrappy, it's hard to believe that UCLA flew under the radar but I agree with you. Even out here in Southern California it was a quiet run for a storied program. The silence turned into a roar last night as Southern California is a buzz with last night resounding pounding of our Tigers. Frankly, I was shocked after having watched both of these teams play at least a half dozen games on TV this year.

8. OkieTigerTK

Yet you didn't edit your post, or apologize for such a "bad term", until called on it. Save your breath Crappy. When you post something you can't defend, you back-pedal faster than a monkey on a bicycle. And the monkey has more journalistic credibility.

9. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I said I'm sorry for posting it. It was dumb. To say I can't defend it is something else. How can you not defend it?? LSU got handled last nite. I know that the term was not the nicest to use, but its not like its untrue. I said I'm sorry for using an idiotic word like that. But, you make your bed you have to lay in it. I've learned this. I learn from everything I do.

10. Victory4LSU

Victory4LSU Founding Member

You are jealous, why else would you do what you do?
    You'r ebig on shooting your mouth off and then attempting to retract your words with what are usually limp apologies.
    You may be a fan of kc anf the cards but you HAVE NO CLUE what it's like to be a part of what LSU fans and other groups of fans(bama, ok, nd etc as examples) groups that LOVE their school. Fans that have been born and bred with the purple and gold, crimson/white etc etc. YOU DON'T HAVE THAT with what you are with your kc or cards or whoever. Not all fans are lucky enough to be a part of what LSU fans are a part of. So please save your attempts to say I am arrogant by saying you are jealous. We are no better than any other fans, I am not saying that. But what we experience here with LSU is something rare, something that does not happen with fans and teams everywhere. Other fans and teams have it but it's so much more than being a fan of a particular team. The simple fact that you can;t get that is proof enough that you don't have what it takes to be an LSU fan, a real LSU fan.