UF will block punt

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Randy70, Oct 4, 2001.

1. Randy70

Randy70 Founding Member

Word from a source on the UF campus is that the gators think that they can block Donnie Jones' punts. They think he is a little slow getting his punts off and they are going to come at him hard. If any of you tiger fans have contact with the coaches, please let someone know. This comes from a pretty reliable source. We damn sure can't afford a blocked punt.

2. GatorAlum98

GatorAlum98 Freshman

We haven't blocked one to this point yet. Honestly, I don't think we have tried with Lito doing a pretty good job with the returns. It would be an interesting thing to happen if UF could pull off a block.

3. BMoney

BMoney Founding Member

Donnie Jones was very slow getting punts off against Tennessee. I held my breath every time he was back there. If someone wants to block an LSU punt, I think they can do it, as long as Donnie is taking so long to kick it. He's punting the ball well, but needs to do it a bit faster.

4. RogersGator

RogersGator Freshman

BMoney, you say he has been slow. Has he had one blocked yet or close to oit or are you just concerned?

In the licking game, we (UF) had our problems last week with three missed field goals. Ouch!

Do you have a lot of confidence in your field goal kicker?:rolleyes:

5. RogersGator

RogersGator Freshman

Sorry. It should say kicking not licking.

6. BMoney

BMoney Founding Member

No one has really brought the house in an attempt to block a punt, so he hasn't had any close calls yet. But, I'm just concerned about the time it takes for him to get one off.