UGA...a question (kinda long)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Mr. Kotter, Sep 15, 2003.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Re: Eheh....

Uhhh...To whom exactly are you addressing that pompous post ?

2. DawgieStyle

DawgieStyle Freshman

Re: Re: Eheh....

Uh, let me see now......Oh, that'd be the originator of this thread. My most humble apologies for causing you undue angst as you squirmed in your chair attempting to devine that.... ;)

Every site has it's 'less than informed' bunch, the author is evidently one of this one's leaders. I believe prima facia evidence of this is exemplified by his opening remark:

"Maybe I am naive but this Georgia team does not scare me."

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Bubba (watching UGA lick his, uh, privates): I wish I could do that.

Elrod: That dawg'll batchoooo.

4. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

Ok, I guess I'll spar just a little...

Did someone say denial....???

So was that #8 ranking a true indication of your defense?

I did manage to watch that Alabama game where you lost by how much? (seem to recall 30-0)

Arkansas, with the worst 3rd down conversion rate in the SEC, and the worst passing team in the SEC, took you boys out in Little Rock with a PASS?

I think I'll also PASS on how you folks handled Kentucky.

But if you strictly want to talk about rankings...

Georgia finished the 2002 season ranked by the AP at #3 in the nation.

I just can't recall......
    Exactly where did your #8 defensive ranking place you after that Cotton Bowl loss to Tejass?

5. P&G Pimp

P&G Pimp Freshman

Good points...

Strength of schedule so far is almost equal for both teams.
    UGA keeps harping on so called 'cupcakes' LSU has played so far.
    Hmmmm....Let's see, who has UGA played??
    South Carolina? Oh, well, good job there Daaawgs. You really took it to a BCS contender - one that almost lost to the almighty ULL.
    And Clemson? Not good.
    MTSU? I guarantee our last opponent, the D-IAA (not D-II like UGA fans keep mistakenly writing) W.Illinois would crush that MTSU this year. That's how bad that MTSU team looks this year.

As for LSU?
    ULM is sorry. But we did what you're supposed to do with this kind of team, winning 49-7, even though playing 1 first quarter in a Tropical Storm downpour.
    Arizona - no they're not good this year, but are a big school in BCS conference that went 12-1 just a few years ago. LSU's first road game of the year. LSU did more than what we were supposed to with this one, winning 59-13 (and 0 points scored against 1st team defense).
    W.Illinois (see MTSU above). still won 35-7 even though playing a sloppy first half with 3 fumbles, 2 missed field goals, 1 blocked extra point and a punt snapped over the punter's head). But for these very correctable and isolated mistakes, LSU clobbers WI, 56-7 at least.

Truth is, this is the first big test for both schools this year. Only thing that matters now is who's better on Saturday.
    We'll certainly find out four days from now.

6. P&G Pimp

P&G Pimp Freshman

Oh, no you didn't

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by SabanFan
    Give me a break. Do you think LSU couldn't have put up 100 against 'Zona. Real nice of Richt to "stop" at 29 vs. MTSU.

Do the runners fall down once into the secondary? Do they run at half speed?

Didn't do the research but if LSU's 1st team defense has given up more than one I'd be surprised.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you could have added more points against Arizona, because you had the time to.

Do you really thing that the Georgia offense will not be able to impact, "time of possession?"

I was at the MTSU game. Richt has never been concerned about running up the score on anyone. It is just not his style.

Richt has rotated various running backs up until now.

If Michael Cooper plays during more than 30% of the game, look for 100+ yards from him this week. And look for quite a few yards from swing passes to Cooper and Lumpkin.

Cooper and Clayton will be the two best athletes on the field.
    You be the judge of which one performs better!

Saban himself has said the the LSU defense lacks the,
    "Aggressiveness," that he has expected from the unit.

It will be interesting to see how they do when they get a little tired and pressured from being on the field longer this coming Saturday.

TELL ME YOU DID NOT JUST TRY TO COMPARE MICHAEL COOPER TO MICHAEL CLAYTON.
    YOU SOUND A BIT MORE INTELLIGENT THAN THAT, SO I WILL GIVE YOU THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT.

7. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

Re: Oh, no you didn't

Like I said, you be the judge.

Georgia has a tradition of sending quality running backs to the NFL.

Michael Cooper, barring an injury, ...........

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Duuuh! Just as true as the #15 ranked defense of Georgia. They are season-long, NCAA stats and numbers don't lie. Yes, Arkansas beat us on a pass, so what? We still had the #5-ranked pass defense. This year we are #3 to Georgia's #24 on pass defense. Yes Alabama shut us out, but we were still a top-10 defense, which Georgia was not.

All of your other arguments are off the point. The point was that LSU has a fine defense, quite possibly better than Georgia. You are making a mistake if you think that the LSU defense is going to be weak this Saturday.

9. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

I didn't say that LSU's defense is weak. I said that Georgia's is better.

Trying to tell me that LSU's defense of last year was better than the defense Georgia put on the field last year, simply because of statistics and rankings, is a joke.

Didn't play the same schedule and didn't have the same strength of schedule!

10. P&G Pimp

P&G Pimp Freshman

This year vs. Last

Not to mention, what's more important: last year's stats...or this year's?
    Sounds like UGA is wishing they were playing us last year instead of this Saturday.
    To all UGA fans: LSU had a bad second-half of last season, but still made it within 1 TD of the SECCG and played Texas in Cotton Bowl. We lost our starting QB (the main reason), starting FS, starting RB, both starting DE's were off and on with injuries - all at or after the Florida game midway through the season where we destroyed the Gators in the swamp.
    THAT WAS LAST YEAR.
    Bulletin: for Saturday, we will have our starting QB,RB, FS, and both DE's.