UGA/LSU GAME

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ashleysdaddy5, Sep 8, 2003.

1. JustinTI

JustinTI Founding Member

Thats the best advice, be sure to get out to the game EARLY(as its a 2:30 game:cry: ) walk around and find yourself some people to tailgate with - just be ready to deal with the chants of Tigerbait. As for Friday night, I usually enjoy going to the Chimes and drinking a few beers and eating a good meal.

2. LAME

3. NOST Tiger

NOST Tiger Founding Member

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

The march down Victory Hill, and pregame should not be missed.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If you eat at Dreamland go to T.J. Ribs as soon as you get to Baton Rouge and order the babyback ribs. Let me know what you think about both of them. I have eaten at a Dreamland north of Mobile a couple of times and I go to T.J.'s about once a month but I have never eaten both Dreamland ribs and T.J.'s ribs on the same day. They are both great but T.J.'s babybacks will melt in your mouth.

6. LSU667

LSU667 Founding Member

Go visit mike the tiger early in the day if he is out in his cage. Also can't miss tailgating/Marchdown/Pregame.

7. RCD IV

RCD IV Founding Member

My wife had the misfortune of going to school in Tuscaloosa, and Dreamland is beyond comparison. That being said, TJ Ribs is damn good. However, Baton Rouge is not a bar-b-que mecca. I say when in Rome, do as the Romans. If you get in on time to eat on Friday, seafood: Juban's, Drusilla, Mike Anderson, Ralp & Kacoo's, Mulate's, Boutin's (the last two have live cajun music).

Saturday morning, you won't have time to do anything but eat breakfast, have a bloody mary, and get to the game. One of the best tailgates is 'the box'... the RV parked at the corner of Skip Bertman Drive and Nicholson Drive. Those people know how to party, and welcome all visitors, before and after the game.

Saturday night: (see Friday nights rec.'s, or head to N.O.)

Good luck.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Dreamland is overated, IMHO. Dry ribs and white bread is all there is. Give me T.J. Ribs any day. Slow cooked and the meat falls off the bone. At least you can get some cole slaw and beans.

9. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

TJ Ribs is also where Billy Cannon's Heisman trophy is displayed.

But I agree with some of the others here. You don't come to Louisiana for ribs. If you are here Friday night, go to a seafood restaurant. Or Saturday night since its a day game. Before the game Saturday don't go to a restaurant - you want to maximize your time on campus. You shoud just walk around and see as much of the campus as possible. Tailgaters cover the entire campus (and more) so the more you walk, the more you will see. Don't limit yourself to just the lot you are parked in.

If you have kids (or not) be sure to go by Mikes cage between the football stadium and the basketball arena. Go early because they will move him for gametime. I'm not sure exactly what time the band parades into the stadium but it is fun to watch. If you do so and have packed up before then you will be right there at the stadium and can go ahead and enter. That way you will be sure to be seated before the band does the pre-game.

(last minute advice - wear comfortable shoes and bring rain gear in your car just in case. Extended weather forcasts are meaningless in Louisiana. Umbrellas are not allowed in the stadium)

10. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Extended weather forecasts...why do they even bother?
    I would add the Krewe of Ragoo's tailgating to the list of tailgating scenes.