UGA's chances against the Gumps

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cwatsn, Nov 25, 2012.

1. cwatsn

cwatsn Loyal Servant

I think Georgia is going to play very well in this game. They are getting no respect at all from what I can tell and media seems to have punched Alabama's ticket to the BCSNCG.

Who do you think will be playing with a bigger chip on their shoulder?

If I was a Gump fan I would be very worried about this game. For the most part, UGA matches up pretty evenly with the Gumps.

I know I will be a Bulldog fan come Saturday.

Thoughts?

2. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

LSU and A&M exposed weakness in Bama's secondary. If Georgia's O-Line gives Murray enough time then it'll be a real interesting game.

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Smart money is on uga. They have the most talent in the sec.

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I'll berooting for the Dogs. I think they have a real shot to win convincingly. They are hot and as said match up well with the gumps. Aaron Murray has the tools to carve up the gump D. We exposed them and hopefully Richt paid attention.
    My worry is the Dogs' ability to fold in big games. They did it last year against us and have been regularly the team that fails to hold it's end in bowls season.
    Hopefully they have the fire this year.

5. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

Go Bulldogs!

6. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

The SEC HQ set Alabama up nice with the new conference schedule giving them the cupcakes of the east this year. Their toughest two games were against LSU and Texas A&M and both moved the ball at will against the most overrated defense in college football history. Other than a few stupid calls (fake FG, long FG, etc.) and the refs only calling ONE (of the numerous) penalty against the SEC HQ home-state darlings, Alabama wouldn't even be in the conversation.

Alabama's secondary is weak. If UGA avoids mistakes and the SEC refs don't decide to determine the outcome, the Bulldogs can put 500 yards offense on the Gumps. I hope Aaron Murray throws for 300+ yards and 3+ TDs. It's time to once again expose Alabama as a media fraud.

Winston1 likes this.
  7. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Go Georgia! Can never bring myself to root for Alabama.

8. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

I really like Georgia here, they have a good enough defense to limit bama's run game and make AJ have to beat them. Plus Georgia has a very good qb in Murray who can expose that bama secondary as long as Georgia's o-line can cover bama's blitz schemes. I think Georgia wins this game. The only thing that scares me a little is that Georgia has not faced a tough schedule.

9. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Goergia played South Carolina & Florida. Alabama played LSU and Texas A&M.

LSU played South Carolina, Florida, Alabama, and Texas A&M. The SEC gets credit for a strong conference schedule but Alabama & Georgia really don't deserve it this year. You could combine their schedules and multiply by two and still not come anywhere close to what we played last season.

Does any team really deserve the tiotle this season? Some team will get lucky but NOT be the #1 team. Even undefeated Notre Dame got a gift a few weeks ago with numerous questionable one-sided calls. Play the bowls but skip the title this year because nobody is a clear cut champion. You could make an argument for anybody in the Top 10.

10. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

The Georgia Bulldogs will win the game. That's my opinion.