UGA's chances against the Gumps

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cwatsn, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Georgia definitely has the balance on offense to rack up some yards against bama. And their D has played much, much better since the SC game. I think the Dawgs win this game for 2 reasons: 1) When Richt's teams get hot, they get red hot and are nearly unbeatable. 2) UGA will be eager to avenge the beating from last year's CG.

Geaux Dawgs!!!

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Geaux Georgia!

LSUTiga likes this.
  3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

"hope" is the correct word here and I'm witcha.

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

This one is a game that should define the mental makeup of this years Georgia team. I can't say that's been clearly defined. I watched a team quit against UofSC, and saw a team benefit from six turnovers against Florida.

A couple of things that stick out to me.

In terms of athletes, UGA is as close to Bama and LSU as any team in the SEC.

In terms of winning, Aaron Murray has had his issues against top 25 teams. I believe he's now 4-17 over his career as a starter (I may be off one on the losses.)

In terms of coaching discipline I give you Mark Richt.

In terms of which Georgia team shows up? There's the question.

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

That is the question Terry...If the "hot UGA" shows up they are likely winners. If they have the deer in the headlight look they are toast.

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

The "hot UGA" team is a subject unto itself. I'm curious which games you are talking about.

They certainly didn't have the deer in the headlights look against UT, or UK. They struggled against those teams in games they should have won handily based on talent and athleticism on campus; right?

If I would venture a guess, the "hot UGA" team is the one that shut out Auburn? Won against Georgia Tech?

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Bama is a couple of clicks off of last year's team in talent and power. But Georgia always seems to trip on their pecker in big games. Georgia won't expose them . . . but Notre Dame could.

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

UGA does step on it way too often and that's my fear. However probability demands they show up once. Hopefully this will be the time.:rolleyes:

9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Think most of you guys judgment is clouded by hatred of Gumps. Georgia and coach seem to implode routinely against top level talent. If they play like they are capable, and Bama screws up a time or two, they might take it.

But, If ifs and buts were candies and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas. The verb is "hope", I am afraid.

10. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Didn't we face a "hot" UGA last year in the SECCG? They'd won 10 straight and took a 10-0 lead to boot. 42-0 Tigers from then on. We had, what? 30something yrd passing in that game! I HATE to say it, but I think bammer rolls. Ugh!! Just makes me sick to even come that close to uttering their disgusting slogan! IF they win the crystal, I hope they all choke on it!!!

VampMuse likes this.