UGA's chances against the Gumps

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cwatsn, Nov 25, 2012.

1. geneinga

geneinga Veteran Member

Back when they were roomies at UGA, Mett was far better than Murray, but Aaron has had the luxury of starting every game (I think) for the last three seasons and getting those real SEC game reps. Right now, Murray is really, really good. I like UGA's chances in this game but Bama should win it.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Bama will be a Td favorite because richts teams are as soft as him. The only good thing will be most gumps won't get tickets to see it in person.

3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

I see lots of flaws in this Georgia team. When the defense gets on their heels you can gash them. When Murray feels the pressure, he will gift wrap some passes. The best receiver, Michael Bennett, went down early in the season and then Marlon Brown, their second best receiver is out with an ACL as well. Even the freshman running backs will have their big game mentality tested along with their ability to pick up exotic blitzes through out the ballgame.

No perfect teams, but the one who handles pressure and adversity the best plays the golden domers.

4. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

Couldn't have said it better. The fact is that Georgia is just like Bama in terms of having faced quality competition. They too are one and one against quality opponents. All that said I think their defense looks as good as anyones at times. It will come down to whether Georgia's D shows up and plays well. They need to get their offense on the field to wear down Bama's D and get some separation on the scoreboard. This game could be close or a blow out either way. Of course any of you can guess what I "hope" for.

5. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Fo' schizzle! The Gumps do have weaknesses. If we'd played a full 60 minutes on Nov. 3, we'd be in their shoes, but...well, never mind.

UGA need only study the LSU & aTm game footage to expose the keys to success against those arrogant scumps!

6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Is a good point but all that really means is it will be a good game. Dawgs have outside pass pressure that can get to the QB. McCarron gets spooked with consistent pressure, he gets off balanced and his throws are off. Price for playing a weaker schedule.

Dawgs can pitch and catch and with a weak gump secondary, who knows. Dawgs have a better chance against this bammer team than they had against us last season. If their defense can keep it close, play all 4 quarters...in Atlanta...could be them dawgs as the red team in Miami.

7. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

We sure did, but we also had the Honey Badger, and he didn't give a shit. Took what he wanted that game, and that was a SEC championship.

8. dudley

dudley oops!

This game is hard to figure. Alabama only played two real teams all year, lost to one at home and was dominated by the other. Georgia is a team that will come out and hit you in the mouth and then if you don't fold, they will. The SEC officials will be totally confused and I doubt if any holding calls will be made during the entire game.

We were the best team on the field Nov. 3 and I think we deserve a rematch!!!

Winston1 likes this.
  9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I would give it a slightly better than 50/50 chance.

They are balling right now, Bama's defense is still suspect (ignore the Auburn game).

Main concern is Mark Richt is always good for 2 losses a season.

10. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Georgia folds like a cheap suit. they have played exactly 2 teams. Florida and USC. They got skull drug by USC and squeaked past Florida. They will lose convincingly.