Uh Oh ... HawFULthorne is in BIG trouble now ... LOL!!! ...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUBud, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

John Ferguson: Its first and 10 for the Tigers. Handoff to Charlie Alexander. Alexander roars through a great big hole in the line of scrimmage and is finally brought down after a big gain. Now its second down and 9 to go for the Tigers.

2. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

You may recall that you could get a double dose of John Ferguson for a while in the 70s, as he called LSU games on Saturday and the Saints on Sunday. I will never forget the first preseason game of, I think, 1976. Saints vs. Broncos in the Superdome. Ferguson was doing the pre-game and said, "And now the Denver Broncos are coming out of the locker room and taking the field. And look at this - the Broncos have new uniforms this year. They are wearing gold helmets, black jerseys and white pants with gold and black stiping."

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i don't want to make it worse....but since you went there...try picturing him in women's undergarments on top of that.

4. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Ferguson: It's a long pass...downfield...
    ...and it's going to be...inter...complete...

Me: What in the HELL just happened???? :confused:

Boy, those were the days, eh? :grin:

And good ol' Sid Crocker as the Tiger Stadium announcer...

Agreed to the point that he's the "local" guy who is a fan...

It would just be nice if he was a little more attentive...

After all, he IS a broadcaster FIRST...

When all you've got is the radio or webcast, and your emotions are way out there...

...it sure is nice to get to hear it right the first time...

Rather than risking a coronary over a ghost play... :sob:

5. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Is Marv "Fully Erect" Albert gonna be our new play-by-play man????

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Will Doctor number 359 please call the medical exchange

Here is some arcane trivia: Crocker was the voice of Senor Puppet on the Buckskin Bill Show.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

In Marv's own words: YESSS!

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i'll just leave it at that...i dont want to go any further or I may be summoned for court.

9. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

It will be tricky if Corey Webster plays wr and cb this year. That will add something else to worry about for Hawthorne.

One thing that sucks for me.... NCAA 2005 doesn't allow two players with the same number. My roster is all screwed up now.

10. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Spot on assessment ... Awfulthorne SUX BIGTIME

YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW SOMETIMES ... WTF IS GOING ON ... CLOSE GAMES WITH HAWTHORNE HAVE ME ON THE VIRTUAL EDGE OF INSANITY

Being stuck in Saudi, I only get to see one or two LSU games a year now and have to listen ... to the 4 Horsemen of LSU Football ... until my DVD of the games come a week after the games are played

Jim Hawthorne ... "VOICE" of the Tigers
    Doug Moreau ... The Anal-ist
    Kevin Ford ... Studio Host
    Jordy Hultberg ... Sideline Coverage

Jordy is a lifelong friend who I grew up with and went to school with at St. Catherine in Metairie back in the 60's ... we've talked about the wonderful Mr. Jim "AWFULthorne" :hihi: and Moreau in the last few years ... these guys are like oil and water ... North Louisiana & South Louisiana ... and Hawthorne constantly screws up to the point it's friggin hilarious ... I hope they replace Hawthorne soon ... and keep Moreau ... I like Moreau's breakdowns and assessments of the Offense

Radio demands a certain type of booming voice and Jim Hawthorne has the delivery ... I think he has "GOAT PICTURES" of someone inside LSU's administration ... The bottom line is THE BRAIN MUST BE ENGAGED BEFORE THE MOUTH GOES INTO GEAR. LSU fans are so rabid and hungry for the game broadcast ... we allow a second rate announcer to slide by.

Guess we'll be hearing from ole Jim Sept 1st from the Superior Grill on the Tiger Sportsline show with Coach Saban ...