UK is history focus on BAMA

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Nov 11, 2002.

1. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Great play, great win, most exciting victory outside tiger stadium that I can recall in LSU history. But its over and the Alabama Crimson Tide are coming to Baton Rouge (Bama Rouge) if we beat them this year it will be the first 3 game streak in 65 years of LSU vs Bama rivalry. I dont know how we are going to do it but now after the UK game our guys will be ready for some reason I think the way we won last week the momentum is on our side.

AROUND THE BOWL AND IN THE HOLE ROLL TIDE ROLL

HAIL MARY, THE LORD IS FOR LSU

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Yup time to move on. Our Boys must play better if we stand a chance against Bama. They are playing with nothing to lose. They look very solid with their only losses coming to OU and Georgia, both very close games.

Bama is very solid. Their QB's have great arms.

I think LSU can win if the UF, and USC teams come out to play.

We shall see...

3. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Yeah, I feel the same way. I think the desperation win was good for us. Same kind of thing happened last year, and we did pretty well from that point on. Of course we all know that we have to have production from the QB position to get a win, but our defense has to step up as well.

There has been a noticeable drop off in performance since DJ has left the team, and that is completely understandable. Although, I admit I didnt think it would be so drastic. Having said that, I think Jack Hunt performed admirably in his first start at the position, and I think most of us saw the crushing blow he laid on the UK receiver on a screen pass. The secondary was much improved from the Auburn game, and we were facing a much more experienced and talented quarterback in Lorenzen. There were a few plays that the UK WR's had their man beat, and couldnt get to the ball, but there were also several plays that were made because of stellar athleticism from the UK receivers when in good LSU coverage. I think its safe to say that UK has a better passing attack than Alabama, but that isnt our main concern.

Kentucky had the first 100 yard rusher against us in the last 13 games or so. I dont think Alabama will. I dont think they have one single back that is as durable and powerful as Pinner, but they have a stable of backs that can get the job done. They will probably stay with whoever is hot at the beginning of the game, inserting the other guys to rest the hot hand or give us different looks. Our secondary must play well in order for us to stand up to them against the run. I dont think we will be able to get pressure on the quarterback using just a 4 man rush, the UA offensive line is too good for that. However, Spears should be at near 100% this week, and Dawson, Hill, and Lavalais all had their momnets against Kentucky. If we can keep the WR's covered, we should have success stopping the run with some extra men at the line.

I believe we will see a LOT of roll out passing this week. The Bama DL is good, and Randall is at his best on the run. We will probably see a good bit of Pass/Run option plays as well. Randall seemed to be more inclined to just tuck the ball and run with it last week, rather than throw it up for grabs. This is big because thats the difference in a 4 INT performance and a 3 TD, 0 INT perfromance. We need him to do the same thing this week, working in some short shovel passes to Henderson (lets hope he does it again) and Clayton, as well as some screens. I would like to see Clayton running some slants, but I dont see it happening.

We will have success running the ball, but how much so is dependent on everything else mentioned. We will only have marginal success if Randall struggles early, and just the opposite, if he can come out and make a few plays.

4. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

DB'S NEED TO TALK

Randall Gay and Jack Hunt got beat 2 times for TD,s over the middle # 13 ran by them 2 times and was 5 yards up the field before they started chasing him.

5. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Alabama may not have one back that will have over 100 yards but I think we will have a team of 5 or more backs that will have way over 100 yards rushing. At Alabama we play TEAM sports. ;)

6. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Absolutely, and that was my point.

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I've been thinking the same thing and also throwing the ball to Eric Edwards a little. The coaching staff keeps talking about it but haven't seen it much.

8. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

Bama might not have a Pinner on their team but they got 2 backs that are very good...

if we give them lanes to run thru both Santiono Beard and Shaud Williams can take it to the house......to the bama fans Where is A.C. Carter at?? he was suppose to be the go to WR and I haven't seen him in a while....Collins is good but I don't think as good as him....

9. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Re: Bama might not have a Pinner on their team but they got 2 backs that are very good...

AC was put on scholastic probation prior to the season opener. Alabama doesn't have the grade changes like they do at Tennessee to keep everyone eligibil. He will still have one year to play if he makes his grades. AC should have been our go to guy this season. Instead we have been spreading the ball around a bit. Look for Triandos Luke and Dre Fulgham to be the main targets with Sam Collins and Theo Sanders to be in the mix as well. Alabama also utilizes the A back and H back. Hudson and Williams can catch the ball as well. Collins is sure handed but hasn't been getting the balls thrown at him like some of the others.

10. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

Actually, AC is on redshirt for medical...

reasons. After nursing a tibia stress fracture for a year, he had a rod inserted and has not responded. The hope is that his academics, never good, will let him play another year. Mathes, OT, had a rod inserted at the same time and has been playing with quite a bit of pain, having a broken toe at the same time. Probably has something to do with his holding penalties....(g)