UK Owns the SEC...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Mar 14, 2004.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

in basketball. Yeah, every once in a while another team will sneak in there and get one, but it always comes back to UK. Just like LSU in baseball. Even if UK lost today against UF, guess what, they still played for another SECC once again. Impressive.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It's not fair. :cry: We should be that good. :cry: It's all Brady's fault. :cry: :cry: :cry:

3. diamondheadtiger

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

LSU Owns the SEC in Football, Track and Field and Baseball.

Although I agree UK is the class of the SEC in Basketball just as LSU is now the premier program in Football.

5. diamondheadtiger

I would'nt exactly say we own SEC football......Yet. I think we will be able to say that in the future, but we did'nt get to the SECCG in football last year.
    I think the only owning going on is LSU/Baseball, UK/Basketball.

6. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Let's not get ahead or ourselves. We will own the SEC in football, like Kentucky does in basketball, only when we have won 26 conference championships in that sport, like they have.

By their standard, we really don't own the SEC in baseball either. Yes, we've won five national titles and 13 SEC championships, but Alabama has also won 13 championships. Most of ours came in the '90s. While it could be said that we are the reigning dynasty of the SEC in baseball RIGHT NOW, we would have to win 13 more SEC titles before we could say our program is head and shoulders above anyone else in the conference. We are almost there, but not quite. In my opinion, it will take about five more years of total domination before we can be so arrogant.

Let's not forget that in men's b-ball, Kentucky has seven national championships, Arkansas has one, and everybody else has a big fat goose egg. ZERO!

In the SEC in men's basketball, there is Kentucky, then there is "everybody else." In SEC women's b-ball, there is Tennessee, then there is "everybody else." In SEC track and field, there is LSU, then there is "everybody else."

No other team, in no other league sport, can make that claim.