UK Radio Broadcast - I found it on Yahoo

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Nov 14, 2002.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I found a link, where you can hear the UK broadcast of the game (On Yahoo)

It is the whole game but fast forward to about 3:23 in the broadcast. It is very interesting to hear.
    Click the UK/LSU game and move your little slider thing and fast forward to 3:24 or so.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/kkd/

2. EastBankTiger

EastBankTiger Founding Member

Texas, I heard it last night...

it's funny to listen to. The guys, even before he play had a "let's wait until we actually win" mentality to them. You could tell that they had sen UK's act before. When Henderson scores, it's like the guys become drones. Every bit of emotion seeps out of their voices and you're just waiting for them to do a Ralph Kramden, going,,,hummmina, hummina. I never did hear what the TV guys from JP sounded like - what was their story?

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I almost found it hard to listen to. I could not imagine what that would have been like. Imagine if that had happened in the UT game of 2000. Of course the game did not setup that way because we had overtime. But just think if that had been us. How crappy did that have to be.

On Dallas Radio it won Call of the week, they were playing it over and over again.

Glad it is not me having to deal with that.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

One of the JP guys literally screamed "OH MY GOD...HE'S GONNA SCORE!!" I heard it in several replays. Though I had the game on, I had turned down the radio and the TV sound because the loss would have been much less painful that way. Then I was screaming, etc., etc. I don't think any LSU fan had the composure to actually hear what the announcers said at the time it happened.

5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Thats what I was going to say. I had no idea what the announcers said because I was too busy screaming, "Oh my God, he's gonna score!" myself.

6. SabanFan

Actually, I was very calm...

I was running around in circles screaming No F-ing way...No F-ing way..until I was hoarse. Real cool for a man my age.

7. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

As one of the attendees of the game in the LSU section, the play was one of those moments in which you have to look to the person to your left, then look to the person to your right to realize that what you just saw was reality. There was almost a one second delayed reaction from the crowd because no one believed it was actually happening. The four guys who sat in the row in front of us left when UK made the field goal (are they kicking themselves still?). But, once everyone realized that Devery scored, that there were no flags and that the game was over, pandemonium broke out. Anyone with purple and gold was high-fiving and hugging anyone else with purple and gold. With the students storming the field and starting to tear down the goal posts, the UK coach soaked with Gatorade and the fireworks having gone off outside the stadium at 0:00 (which I thought was unsportsmanlike), it was one of the most surreal experiences I've ever witnessed.

BTW, I still haven't figured out why the UK students would want to storm the field after beating 15th ranked LSU. It's not as if they hadn't beaten us recently (we were 5-5 vs. UK in the previous 10 years). I realize they had not beaten a ranked team in a while, but that was a little excessive. I guess that should be saved for another commentary on fan/student overreaction and the current tendency to storm the field for any decent win.

Sorry for the long post about last week's game, but I haven't mentioned anything all week. On to Bama!!!

8. EastBankTiger

EastBankTiger Founding Member

I was walking my mail route during the game...

and was listening on my headphones while walking. When UK kicked the FG to go ahead, I got disgusted, turned off the radio, threw the radio and headphones into the vehicle and started walking, doing my deliveries. I'd gone down about 4 or 5 houses when suddenly I heard people screaming loudly inside as I was putting mail in their mailbox. The house belonged to a middle aged couple with 5 kids, so I just wrote that off as the kids cutting up. Suddenly, Larry, their dad, pops out of the house wearing an LSU shirt and screaming at me - WASN'T THE THE MOST INCREDIBLE ENDING???? I must have had the most clueless look on my face, as without saying another word, he grabbed me by the arm (about yanking it out of its socket) and pulled me into his living room, by their TV. JP was showing the replay for the first time and as I watched it, I had to grab a chair as my legs literally went weak under me. Suddenly, I had the ultimate in mixed emotions - incredibly happy about the Tigers, then angry at myself for making myself miss it.

9. SabanFan

Re: I was walking my mail route during the game...

Great Story!!