ULM Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Jan 7, 2003.

1. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I am talking about money to the rest of the university. I have heard ULL supporters on other message boards that ever since Huey Long that the state has shown favorites to LSU and that LSU get preferential treatment by the legislators and the other powers that be in distribution of funds.

2. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Red 55

The reason ULL and ULM change to 1 A is because of the Bowl rule of 6 division 1A wins if ULM and ULL would not have changed to 1A then they would have missed out on all the big paydays to play the big schools then ULM and ULL would not be able to support the girl programs that by LAW they have to have.

The Ironic thing is that La Tech is the reason for the 6 division 1A wins to play in a Bowl they play Maryland in the Indy bowls (late 80s) with no 1A wins and thus the change the following year. I had a good friend on the Maryland team that said they had cleaned out there lockers and the coach had to call the team back to school after he found out that they were going to be in the bowl he said they sucked so bad that yr that he could not believe they were in a bowl. If you remember the final was 34 to 34 tie Maryland wore them out for 50 minutes Tech came back.