UM vs LSU Discussion

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhamreb, Nov 17, 2003.

1. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

Ole Miss may move the ball in small amounts. LSU D line will knock some passes down in key 3rd down situations. Which will lead to a punt that Green will have large returns. Setting up good feild pos. LSU then will run run run control the clock, score and win the game.

2. chooselsu

chooselsu Founding Member

Yes I am an LSU fan so I suspect you will take this with a grain of salt but no how, no way Ole Miss rushes at all on LSU. Not up the middle, not around the corners nothing...nada...zilch. I have been a season ticket holder since 1977 so I have seen a few good LSU teams and quite a few mediocre and lousy LSU teams. I have never been as confident in the outcome of a game as I am right now. LSU will win easy. We learned our lesson about the 9 yard dump-off passes in the Florida game. That won't work a second time. I think Eli Manning is tremendous but the rebels don't have chance Saturday...unless Mauck goes down...that's the only position that is not stacked with depth on LSU's team. Again, I have watched a lot of LSU football for 26 years and no other LSU team was even come close to having the overall talent that this one has. LSU 49 Rebs 17.

3. bhamreb

bhamreb Freshman

Most of you guys have given good responses... I realize (as im sure that most of you guys do) that nothing that we say or do on a message board has any weight on what happens Sat in Oxford... I think that it is great that it comes down to these two teams with this much on the line... there is a great rivalry between us... historically this has been one of those games that could go either way... Although I think some of you guys (as well as many ole miss fans) are wearing rose colored glasses.... I really think that it can and will be a well matched game and lots of fun to watch...

4. olemiss47

olemiss47 Freshman

Bhamreb I could not disagree more with the statement that "this is the best team I have ever seen " unless you have not been following the Rebels for long. Our teams with Deuce were better to just refer to recent history. This is not an overly talented Ole Miss team. I have posted elsewhere on this topic so I won't repeat myself except to say that we have a great QB , a great kicker and a good batch of receivers, but everywhere else we are merely pretty good or average. That's why I don't see us winning this game.

5. bhamreb

bhamreb Freshman

I have been an ole miss fan for 25 years... And i will say this about the current team... I have never seen a team with more heart... Our O line has played above their heads all season and will continue to do so... We may not have a team full of allstars, but we have a team with tons of ambition and heart that play very well together....

6. olemiss47

olemiss47 Freshman

Bhamreb-- I agree with all you have written. I just don't know if that will be enough to beat one of the best LSU teams in quite a while.

7. bhamreb

bhamreb Freshman

hahah... me neither... I never said that and will not.... This is a huge game for both teams and if either of them think that they will walk onto that field and win without a fight, they will be sadly mistaken....

8. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

I do think Ole Miss is better than some give them credit for, I just think LSU has the edge in this game. Right now you have to look very hard to find a team playing as well as LSU, we are getting it done in all phases of the game and all players look to be on the same page...........thats a hard thing to beat will alot of talent.

:geaux: :lsug:

9. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

Bhamreb, you are right about one thing. This Ole Miss team has tons of heart. We know that they will not quit. I see a old fashion, knock down drag out game. The last one standing will be the winner.

10. chooselsu

chooselsu Founding Member

bhamreb, sorry if I sounded conceded or over-confident....don't mean to belittle Ole Miss. In fact considering what the rebs have done this year, I think yall are under-rated. But this is one of those rare years when LSU really is THAT good. Its eons away form the old 2-9 Curley Hallman. When Curley first was hired, lots of people had bumper stickers that said "Crazy 'bout Curley". Four years later somebody had scratched out the "'bout". This is one of those years that the differenced between the #1 through #3 teams in the nation and those in #10 through #20 is huge. I have certainly been wrong a time or two (or a million!) but I don't just have a gut feeling about this LSU tea. This year, there is a lot of talent, statistics and our players have a lot of heart backing it up.