UM vs LSU Discussion

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhamreb, Nov 17, 2003.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

If Ole Miss fans are expecting an over-confident, ill-prepared Tiger team to strut out onto the field Saturday, I think they will be sadly mistaken.

We learned our lesson against Florida, and, yes, we ARE THAT good. But we take no one lightly, and we respect the Rebels.

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

You really think so? I understand how great Deuce is, and as a Saints fan, I love the guy. Its just that I would think Eli is much more important to his team than Deuce was, and it seems his leadership and talents have meant more to his teams than Deuce's. Maybe my memory is a little hazy, but I thought Eli engineered a few more wins that Deuce.

3. TigerStripe2003

TigerStripe2003 Founding Member

I think Bhamreb is right - this is the best Rebel TEAM in a very, very long time. The Deuce teams may have had a few better players, but they weren't as good a team as this year's. It must be a synergism thing, lol, where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. That said, this is the best LSU team I've ever seen, and I started going to LSU games in the early 60's. I don't think the Rebs will be able to hang with them.

4. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

One thing I noticed about Auburn was there lack of speed and quickness and Ya'll were able to get to the point of attack quickly to stop them. LSU is as large as Auburn; however, LSU is faster and quicker. The size and speed will wear you down. You will not be able to beat us to the point of attack. Get ready for long - time consuming drives. I don't know how your injury situation is; however, we are healthy. LSU will wear you down.

There used to be a great rivalry and I would like to see it return to the glory days. One of my first games in Tiger Stadium was LSU - UM.

5. DJ

DJ Founding Member

LSU's defense is too good to count on sustained drives. They give an offense too many bad plays to bet that way. The best way to score TD's on the LSU defense is to get the big play, which they have been vulnerable to on a few occasions.

Even though LSU's offense is not as dominant as its defense, that is where Ole Miss faces its worst matchup. Ole Miss does not have the consistent pass rush to pressure Mauck and it certainly has nobody in its defensive backfield that can consistently guard Clayton, Henderson and Green one on one. Bama probably had it right by simply limiting the number of big plays and allowing LSU's offense to self-destruct on certain possessions by poor execution.

If Ole Miss gets its big plays, I can see them scoring 17-24 points on this defense. If it doesn't, Ole Miss gets 10 points max.

I don't think they can hold the LSU offense to 24 points, let alone a lesser amount. Remember that we let the air out of the offense at some point against South Carolina, Auburn, LaTech and Bama. LSU could have scored more points in every one of those games.

6. TheBayouBengal

TheBayouBengal Freshman

I missed him A LOT during that game. :cry:
    What pisses me off is that Carey and Addai were said to be out for 2-4 weeks, and they were both out for 6, and we still haven't seen much of either!

7. Swamprat

Swamprat Founding Member

The ONLY way, the Tigers lose this game is if they
    don't come to play.
    Once we finally get our "A" game going there won't
    be anyone, and I mean "ANYONE" that will beat us.
    If you watched the last few games the Tigers have
    played, you might have noticed in almost all situations
    that we had to punt was because of LSU's mistakes-
    not the opponents play.

8. ramah

ramah Founding Member

I've been watching you stump-jumpers since the early sixties and this is not the best Ole Miss team, not even close ... I agree with olemiss47 ... Go get a damn defense and we'll talk, Bhamreb.

For now, you get smack
    Cuz your dee ain't got jack

LSU over 40
    Ole Pi$$ under 10 (you're not special ... you cannot run on us)

9. bhamreb

bhamreb Freshman

Why are you guys (as fans) so agressive... In both this thread and the hotty toddy thread all I did was try to talk about football and answer a question... And the next thing you know I end up with some guy calling me names (for no reason) or telling me to go get a damn defense and that I get smack... WTF...

10. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Aw, come on. You've been well-treated.

One guy give you a tiny bit of smack and your Magnolia starts to wilt? Come on.

90 percent of the guys on this thread have been very nice to you.

I have a healthy respect and admiration for Ole Miss. I hope Eli has a bad game against LSU, but I'll be pulling for Ole Miss for the rest of the year after the LSU game.

Some Ole Miss fans think that they are Aristocrats or Nobility. Do they think that they live in England? We don't have Dukes, Barons, Nobles, and Duchesses here in the USA. We don't have Aristocrats or members of the Nobility.

Why do some Ole Miss fans seem to think that we live in England, where they have different classes of society, based upon birthright?

PS I don't doubt that there are some Queens at Ole Miss, but I'm referring to a Queen like the Queen of England, rather then a Queen like Boy George.

:geaux:

:lsug: