Ummmm, Barry...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, May 27, 2011.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

If it doesn't tow the party line it's faux news. That goes for both fox and msnbc. Liberals hate fox, conservatives hate msnbc. Both are biased towards their market. Fox reports the news from one end and msnbc reports from the opposite end.

2. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

I know this is off topic and probably deserves its own thread, but did anyone see the video of the Tucson SWAT team?

3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Maybe but Biden gives him a run for his money. If he were the P instead of the VP and had a camera in his face all the time who knows what we would hear. It would be fun.

4. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I agree with this and I don't think there is a reliable 'center' source between the left and right.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

there is no such thing as unbiased news but the BBC is your best bet

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

CNN and BBC are both authoritative sources that don't cater to the right or left extremes.

7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

CNN has tried to move back to the center with content and on air personalities as they have lost viewers. I still feel their management is focused to the left, but not near as much as MSNBC. I like foreign press for foreign topics but its buyer beware. I like 30,000 foot viewpoint that you can get from The BBC and The Economist on American topics but sometimes want a view closer to the ground.

I actually like to find and listen to left extreme shows on MSNBC on XM in my car. For some reason I can listen and laugh in the car - when I'm watching they just pizz me off.
    But really all you can do is listen to everything and average it out - but who has time for that.

8. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Msnbc is by FAR more extreme and biased than fox is. Fox does give both sides with a tilt to the right and msnbc only puts on opposing viewpoints to ridicule them. Msnbc's self righteousness is sickening and completely unfounded. I don't believe anything at all that msnbc spits out. They are a democratic propaganda machine that reminds me of Nazi Germany's press.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Back on topic, Obama is a doofus*, regardless of the current world doofus population and regardless of which news outlet reports the fact that he is a doofus.

*He is actually a very smart man, but get him in a position where he must be extemporaneous and suave at the same time (i.e. no script, no teleprompter while the world watches) and his doofusness is exposed. Notice the glare from Moochelle: She's saying "There goes that dumb fk again."

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

none of that matters, it is policy and policy only that matter