(Un)Official Preseason College FB Mag Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, May 26, 2006.

1. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

It's Memorial Day weekend, which means the preseason mags are now hitting the stores.

I went to B&N yesterday here in Texas and found (oddly enough) The Sporting News SEC edition on the shelf. Weird, but I'm very glad I did.

Anyways, the boys check in at a healthy #4 national ranking (though still second in the SEC to #3 Auburn). Who's #1? Well, Notre Dame, of course!

Who says defense wins championships? Apparently TSN doesn't think it does...

2. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Well, USC's defense was gawd awful and they came within about 30 seconds of an undefeated season.

I think ND will be very good this year for two reasons. They have a head coach who is always going to be smarter and better-prepared than his counterpart, and they have a very good, very mature, very experienced QB. Plus they have that Samardja (sp?) who has hands like pillows. With glue on them.

If Russell can clean up the mistakes and our receivers can cut down the drops, LSU is going to be amazing. Can't always count on the defense to keep us in the game (cough, Florida game '05, cough).

I'm ready for football.

3. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Good point, Robidoux.

I shoulda said, "Defense wins championships...except for the joke of a league Pac-10." :)