Unbelievable!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Sep 29, 2003.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Auburn is going to burn somebody this year. Better Tennessee than us.

2. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

has auburn replaced ole miss as the tigers biggest rival?

i know for my generation (X) I have always thought Auburn was the game of the year

3. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

I agree, the AU game is one that I REALLY want us to win....mainly because I lived in AU for 2 years and most of my friends are Auburn fans.....Last year was hell, I hope I can repay the smack talk on Oct. 25

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Actually, taking a beating by Georgia Tech is more embarrassing. At least USC was a top 10 team.

5. froglevel

froglevel Guest

You are right but I couldn't resist the play on words! :)

6. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

Guys, Tennessee is not hitting on all cylinders. Hell, they have a 4-cylinder offense! IF Zook doesn't blow clock managment to close out the firs thalf versus Tennessee (and the Hail Mary doesn't occur), the Gators likely win that game. It will be awfully hard for the Vols to score 20 points on the road against a team with a great defense and its back against the wall. For Arky and LSU, a Vol win would be best, but I think AU takes this game. If the War Turds don't win, their season may go down the toilet. This game will be the "defining game" for Aubie this season.

7. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

A game against an SEC East team is big, not defining. Auburn could lose to the Vols and still win the West. All though I don't think Auburn can beat Arkansas or LSU.

8. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Re: ..

True, they could still win the west with a loss to an east team, but its still an SEC loss. A loss, either from an east or west team, is just as detrimental. The SEC doesnt care who you loss to, just that you loss. It would put them in a hole, a game behind us and Arkansas.

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Re: Re: ..

That's not completely true. A loss within your division is much worse ... it's almost like 2 losses when you factor in the tie-breaker rule.

10. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

Re: Re: ..

I disagree. A West division team can lose to an East division team yet still control its own destiny. Any West team that loses to an East team but sweeps its West opponents wins the West (provided that it doesn't lose a second game to an East team). So, a loss to an East team is far less detrimental to a West team's chances than a loss to a West team.

If history is an indication, one conference loss of any sort by a West team won't even be detrimental, as fas as chances to get to the SECCG. In the 11 years (I think) since the SEC expanded and went to the divisional format, how many times has a West Division team gone through conference undefeated. Once, I think. It seems that, more often than not, the West champ has had two losses.

I am hoping that the time has come for a West team to get through conference play unscathed once again, and I'm certainly hoping that team is LSU! But there is still a lonnnnng road to travel.

:geaux: