Unbelivable disrespect to special Olympic children

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rwilliams, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I have a disabled child who competes in the Louisiana gumbo games. It's a special event for disabled kids in Louisiana that have physical handicaps. The special olympics are for kids with mental disabilities. These special needs children try so hard and enjoy these games so much. It will touch your heart to see these kids compete. The governor in Wisconsin was giving a speach honoring these kids for competing and these punks crash their day by dressing like zombes and disrupting the event. My son would have been scared to death. He would have been heartbroken also. When my wife watched this on tv I thought she was going to explode. If this had happened during something for my boy my wife would have looked like Andre the giant at wrestlemania swinging a chair trying to kill them. You don't protest politics during a special olympics event. What a bunch of liberal douchbags.

Wisconsin Protesters Target Special Olympics Ceremony - FoxNews.com

2. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

This reminds me of why I am a proud flag waving conservative American that will never , ever vote for a democrat as long as I live. My wife feels exactly the same way. She is furious after watching this just now on tv.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

There is not one damn thing in the story that says that these protestors were democrats. In fact it says that they are not related to the Wisconsin Legislature demonstrations from earlier this year.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Yeah but Republicans just don't do things like that. It's like watching the news report a car jacking. Gotta figure it's not gonna be a white boy.

5. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Put 2&2 together. Someone as smart as you can do that.

Quote from article:

Walker has drawn the wrath of liberals over his new union law that requires nearly all public workers to contribute more to their health care and pensions and eliminates most of their collective bargaining power. Walker says the law is necessary to help close a $3.6 billion budget shortfall.

But the law is in limbo after a judge blocked it, prompting state attorneys to ask the state Supreme Court to intervene.

There were protesters outside Wednesday's ceremony holding signs that appeared to address the union issue. One sign read, "Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining."

6. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

While tragic and terrible you can't loop some crazy people into a whole group. When you do that you might as well go stand with those crazy people.

7. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

You are right. I was mad when I watched the news and this was on. My wife was upset about it also. I overreacted to the story and let emotions talk instead of reason. Still you see a peaceful teaparty rally and the media says things like racist and loons. Crazy bigots etc. When students , 19and20 year old kids that are brainwashed by Marxist instructors and professors , dress up like damn fools and ruin a day where special needs children are being honored by a state governor the main stream media says they were peacefully protesting. What a disgrace. I bet you wouldn't see a conservative youth group do something like that. It's always a left wing progressive liberal Marxist group doing the protesting. I'm surprised they didn't burn an American flag and burn pictures of George Washington or George Bush while wearing a Castro t-shirt.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

They must have been democrats. If they were republicans they would have been armed.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Fox News 1
    Mindless Zombie Viewer 0

10. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

The zombie dudes have every right to protest. That's fine. It's not cool to do it at a special olympics event. Damn! What were they thinking. They just wanted to be on tv I guess. I bet their mothers are proud.
    I can tell you this, my wife would have went to jail if something like this happened here.