UNC Suspension Updates

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Sep 1, 2010.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Not sure yet.

Some sources are saying more announcements like these are coming. Scott Van Pelt is one FWIW.

2. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

I'm sure it will be mentioned and discussed at great length. The commentators will probably miss plays while they talk about it. Still a win's a win, and we can still defend victory any number of ways

3. feardafoot

feardafoot Veteran Member

As far as other suspensions, there aren't any to speak of rite now. Only Austin has been definately barred from the LSU game Saturday.

In a statement by Dick Baddour: "We will fight this until kickoff if we have to, to find out who can suit up for the football team." For LSU fans it doesn't matter, just get ready for Carolina's best and you will be more than preared. As for UNC fans it could either be a sad nite with multiple missing players, or everyone but MA runs onto the field wearing uniforms. The ovation would be crazy. Having said all of this i doubt it goes until kickoff. We will know something soon im sure.

Other news if you guys haven't heard. Statement from LSU QB Jordan Jefferson:"If they're losing their key guys, then they should have been way more aware of what they did before they did it. We're preparing for them to play, like I said, but if [Austin] doesn't, then that's their loss… I don't think [a backup] would be as strong as the starter would, so that's kind of a better situation." – LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson

Very surprised he even commented at all on this. No doubt this will be locker room material:grin:

4. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

We'll probably see a thread or two about it here as well

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I don't care what they say.

We need a W in the worst way to start the season.

6. feardafoot

Here's the thing about MA being out. We have moved Quinton Coples from DE to DT and move MA to scout team. This happened about a week ago or more. The flag station in North Carolina for ACC football news and discussion is 99.9 the fan radio. Unfortunately they are nc state biased but it's still a good station. The topic today after the news came in about Austin was, "How will Carolina cope with the loss of Austin?" Callers call in and i never heard anything remotely smart or realistic. We truely have some idiots around here that dont know anything about our depth i guess. Coples cannot replace Austin. What i mean by that is Austin is 6'0 310lbs with a low center of gravity. That is something u need to be a middle clogger. Coples is tall and huge. He is a beast but he will be out of his element at DT. Then you go into replacing his vacant DE spot. Starters at DE were Coples and Quinn. We have a 5 star recruit who played some last year in Donte Paige Moss.. He could start anywhere rite now. As for DT you'll probly see Tydreke Powell and Quiton Coples. We also have Jordan Nix and RS Fr Jared McAdoo who has been outstanding this spring. All i heard all day was how we lack depth at DT. How? Coples is out of his element but we have 3 others that could help any team rite now.

I guess what im saying is if this is it for suspensions, Carolina will be fine. I doubt this is all but i can hope. Now Austin is the heart of the defense and the personality of the defense but they will rally around this.

7. feardafoot

Well being honest its bigger for us than you guys i feel like. If we lose and then win out we won't logically be in the bcs championship. You guys lose but win out, probly will unless teams like OSU and OU go undefeated. Being in the SEC is brutal but it has it's advantages. We are not a threat to win it all every year like you guys are i understand that but we'd like to be

I feel like we need it more because you dont wanna be coming off a disappointing loss with your head down, knowing GT is coming to town. They will run that option on you all game and lean on you until you fall over.

8. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Suspensions hell, evacuees is going to be the buzz word this weekend.

9. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

yep. because we know how that is. :grin:

i think LSU needs it more, fwiw. we are getting absolutely NO respect this season at all. not that we usually get any respect, but it's pathetic this season. no one is giving this team a chance. no one.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I think so, too. Every team suspends players from time to time, its part of the game, like injuries, bad weather, and bad calls. UNC will suck it up and play well and LSU better strap it on and get ready.