UNC-Wilmington player talks LSU baseball....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SCSJonathan, Feb 8, 2005.

1. SCSJonathan

SCSJonathan Freshman

UNC-Wilmington's Ronald Hill recently took time to answer a few questions from SouthernCollegeSports.com. He had this to say about LSU...

"My favorite place we have ever played was LSU. The fans were great; they are true baseball fans. I loved just being a part of that whole atmosphere...."

For the complete interview, check out SouthernCollegeSports.com!

Thanks!

Jonathan, Editor
    http://SouthernCollegeSports.com

2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

It's always nice to hear players from opposing teams say great things about the BEST IN COLLEGE BASEBALL! I had a lot of respect for that UNCW team, and I wish them the best this season! Hopefully we can meet up again in a regional/super regional.

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

yeah no kidding! they were a good bunch of guys.

LSU fans always seem to befreind the regional opponets. i remember when the UCLA guys came tailgating with us after we waxed them a few years back. they were very nice.

4. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

My favorite LSU baseball story was from the year that LSU hosted the Regional and both Harvard & Nicholls were assigned to the Baton Rouge site of the NCAA Baseball Tournament...

We were walking around outside, and some Nicholls fans were chatting up a couple there to see the Harvard team in action...and I remember this PLAIN as day...It got quoted later on in a newspaper somewhere (;-)

Nicholls fan: That's so neat...Nicholls has always called itself, "The Harvard On the Bayou"...

Harvard fan (Without skipping a beat): That is neat. See, Harvard's always fashioned itself, "Nicholls on the Hudson"....

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

sounds like this harvard fan needs to study geography.