Under Armour Game

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I watched as much of the game as my g/f would let me. Every time I watched Jarvis Landry caught a pass. He looks great.

Loved how he kept making the "L" with his hand and saying, ":lsup:"

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

There were rules about defensive sets such as LBs had to stay 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage, etc...

On the field goal, Ditka put 3 guys rushing the edge on one side of the line which helped Freak penetrate the left side because the blockers were focused on the edge.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Landry was the White team MVP and Chickillo was the Red MVP.

Landry has a very good shot at moving to a 5* on Scout in 2 weeks when the new rankings come out.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Bhelm, do you agree that Landry has a realistic shot of being a starter come fall? If he clears, and if he catches on to the offense quickly?

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Considering Randle, Shep, Boone, Wright, C. Tolliver, he'll have to really pick up the playbook fast. But he's a playa...and will see the field next year...at least as much as Boone and Wright did this season.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

See, I'm not even considering Randle, he will be the number 1. I think Landry is better than Shepard is now, but that isn't really going out on a limb. Boone and Wright, Toliver, Fobbs, Gore, while the footage I have seen of those guys in high school, and some at LSU, (obviously not Gore, and Fobbs @ LSU) and I'm tellin ya Fish, I haven't been this impressed with a receiver coming out since watching AJ Green and I know that isn't that long ago, but this dude is about as solid a receiver as I have ever seen at that level.

Maybe I am over exaggerating and don't know it, but I am suuuuper excited about Jarvis Landry. He is a possession receiver, and LSU desperately needs that.

7. Cajun Sensation

Do you think that he could see the field as a punt returner at some point next season?

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I doubt he would fill that role. He isn't super fast, but has great hands...and again, super physical for his size.
    -
    And Lasalle, I agree wholeheartedly with you...but he'll still have to learn that playbook. He's an increbidle talent, and very underrated...but not for long.

9. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

He could always look forward to beating bama. :lol:

South Carolina isn't that far off. A consistent pass rusher would do wonders, and Clowney will fill that role

10. Cajun Sensation

I went on to Rivals to see some film. I saw this:

Guess we'll find out, huh.