Underimpressed with the USC fans

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUinPA, Feb 7, 2004.

1. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Dothen,

That's EXACTLY what I'm talkin' about. Stanfurd fans are just the same. How can you be "cool" if you are enthusiastic? The alumni section cheers like they're at sniff, THE OPERA....

All in all pretty bad news...

I miss Tiger fans. Being home for the AU & LT games were AWESOME. And we took over Tucson from the weak UofA fans...

2. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

go hang out on Pier Ave in Hermosa Beach. USC students live and party down there. However they still might not say anything. They are boring college football fans......

3. bayareatiger

I had a good friend of mine who years ago lived in Long Beach right off Ocean Avenue. We used to go out on Second Street & party - it's a pretty good nightlife scene with LB State right there...

...I used to wear LSU gear all the time...

...with rarely a comment one way or the other...

...hey AZ are the ASU fans more rowdy than the UofA fans?

...I sure hope so for their sakes!!!!

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I met a guy today in my tennis match that is a Michigan Alum. He went to the Rose Bowl and the Sugar Bowl and said that USC, even though they had 70% of the tickets to the Rose, barely had a home field advantage. He then said that the Sugar Bowl was the loudest place he had ever been in his life. He was really impressed with our fans and asked how much louder the Dome was than Tiger Stadium as Michigan Stadium wasn't half as loud as the dome was. I told him that it probably evened out as the dome is covered but we lost about 15,000 seats compared to Death Valley. Since I wasn't there, how close am I or am I off by a bunch? Need help from the guys that were at the Dome.

5. bayareatiger

My brother was at the game and said that it was loud but not as loud as TS...

6. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

You also have to take into account that not all of the 76,000+ people were LSU fans. We probably only made up 50,000 of that at best. I'd say we only had half the Tiger fans we'd normally have in Tiger Stadium.