undisciplined and poorly coached

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FLTiger, Oct 20, 2012.

1. FLTiger

FLTiger Founding Member

Our team is a reflection of our head coach. We are undisciplined and poorly coached on the offensive side of the ball. If this team had a quality head coach and offensive coaching staff, they would be awesome!

We may pull out the game against A&M, but when you are this far in the season then it does make sense to make a stupid statement like, "it takes a while to get this offense off the ground."

Your offense should be ready to play when they step on the field! Thank goodness our defense has kept us in the game.

2. skippy737

skippy737 Founding Member

We r winning!

3. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

"undisciplined and poorly (self-)coached" would be a fair description of the OP and his elk

4. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

Sam, Mingo, and Reid did play some undisciplined football today that almost cost us the game.

THANK GOD FOR SIMON AND HILL WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! HOOOOO!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

5. FLTiger

FLTiger Founding Member

Playing this way will get us beat against Alabama. We can continue to accept mediocre coaching and undisciplined play and get our butts whipped against the elite teams, or we can demand smart coaching and playing by our team.

This team is good,but is it good enough? It comes down to what we demand from our team.

If we want to win championships then we can cannot make stupid penalties and have make dumb coaching decisions.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Hell the only thing Simon did right all game was pick the ball off, he played terrible today. Our defense didn't play that good of a game, they had way too many penalties, but I'll take it because it's out of character for them.

The offense on the other hand....

1. The situational play calling is absurd. Just down right absurd.

2. Mett is bipolar, and so are our receivers.

3. repeat 1 and 2

7. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Surprised with the two defensive penalties on A&M's TD drive in the 4th. The facemask didn't appear to be intentional, but you just can't let that happen...

8. LaSalleAve

Let me rephrase, the D didn't play their usual stellar game, they still played pretty damn good to force the turnovers and contain Manzero, just not as disciplined.

9. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

If you would have told me that we would pass for only 97 yards, have 12 penalties also for 97 yards, and punt 10 times, I would count that as a loss right away. Thank goodness we have a stellar running game (216 yards) and stellar defense (forced 4 turnovers).

10. LaSalleAve

Agreed, I just can't figure out why the D committed so many penalties. Keke was offside what 5 times today? A bunch of interference calls, a facemask, Reid with his personal foul call. It was very out of character.