Unfair? Brady's Shortcomings Magnified By F'ball/Women's BBall/Baseball Nat'l Titles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Mar 29, 2004.

1. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

The trials and tribulations of the men's basketball team and John Brady have been discussed here at length, but is the program in for some somewhat unfairly harsh criticism if a couple of things play out--women win it all right here in New Orleans, following on the heels of the football team doing the same and the baseball team retaking Omaha this June.

Without a doubt, such a trifecta would spearhead what would be the greatest single calendar year in LSU sport history, with the men's team being the only glaring exception.

Thoughts?

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Its not unfair at all. We are putting together a dominant athletic program and Brady isn't on the same page as the other coaches.

3. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Sorry, guess I'd have to add the softball, gymnastics and track and field teams, too.

With excellence across the board, the men's bball team is "slumming", so to speak, in the same vicinity as the volleyball team...and I give the women's volleyball team the edge because they're easy on the eyes even if they're not winning :wink:

Seriously, would a John Brady and his 18-11 record undergo such scrutiny if nearly every other sports' teams were not among the best in the country? Ronald Reagan once said that "a rising tide lifts all boats". What, does John Brady's boat have a hole in it or something?

4. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Mens basketball shortcomings are what THEY are. Football, Baseball, track...etc. IMO don't magnify their problems. :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis:

The Feeg dance:

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

This is beating a dead horse....
    If they win every game next year so be it......
    If they lose every game so be it....

6. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

The hell they don't! You don't think Brady is on thin ice right now? Like everybody's said, if the football, ladies basketball, baseball, softball, track teams all at least come close to winning a title if not winning it, Brady is going to be under some serious pressure to produce next year. And it doesn't have to be a title, at least get us to being competitive, kind of like Bama was. He might be doing that 'feeg' dance out of the athletic admin building after next season if he doesn't lol!

7. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

:D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin: :D :grin:

I agree diehard that Brady is on thin ice. IMO he will being doing that dance next season, but I don't think it's due to the success of the other school programs. Your hired to make the basketball program a winner and you did'nt get it done, period. I don't believe it has anything at all to do with the other programs. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Maybe we change it to the Brady dance next year. Hope not though.

The feeg dance:

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

One and done in the NIT should put you on thin ice every time. LSU should be able to lose 3 or 4 starters and compete in the NIT. Here are some of the power house teams of the NIT: UW Milwalkwee, Drexel, Rutgers, Kent St., Boston U, Rice, Boise St., Toledo, Wichita St., Hawaii, Troy St., Niagra, Nebraska, Austin Peay, George Mason, Colorodo and Oregon. Not exactly a who's who of college basketball. Any LSU basketball coach that can't compete with this group should be on thin thin ice, any coach one and done should be in the frozen water struggling for his coaching life. None of this has anything to do with success in other sports just the failure to compete in mens basketball. :geaux: :lsug: :bball: :bball: :bball:

9. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

LSU fans expect excellance and should never settle for mediocrity.

10. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

What are we paying him all that money for? hell, i'll coach for half of Brady's pay if i just have to go 18-11.

i will start watching on monster.com for the job to open up.