Uniform change

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by j0nathanr0y, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Uncle Gus

Uncle Gus Founding Member

STOOOOOOOOPPPPPPP!

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

LSU has one of the most recognizable uniforms in the country. It won't likely be changed anytime soon. Many of us remember the Gerry Dinardo uniform experiments. Big time ugly. It just pissed everybody off.

Every off season we do this uniform changing thread, and that's cool. We're just talking here. But a few pictures of the Dinardo uniforms and these Photoshop mock-ups make one thing obvious. Most of these combinations look like high school or SWAC uniforms. Yeccchh!

3. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

Exactly red55. I don't mind the debate, but I would hate to see our unis changed, just for the sake of change. To make them more "pro" or up to date would be a shame, considering most fans across the nation agree that LSU has fine unis already.

Washington tried to change in the 90's, they wanted to be more up to date. It lasted 1 or 2 seasons before the alumi stepped in and forced a change back to their tradiational unis. If you think about it, only crappy teams in poor conferences feel the need to completely change unis every few seasons.

The funny thing is that most teams are now going back to retro unis, trying to get that look that UCLA, Texas, Mich, LSU, SC, ND, etc all already have. Why change?

4. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Can you make an all white one, I would like to see what that looks like. I have always liked all white uni's

5. conradj

conradj Founding Member

What about yellow helmets, white, and white. That would look sharp

6. AMEN, Toonces SUCKS

7. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

Could you clarify what "Toonces" is?

8. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

Toonces, the cat from SNL. He drove a car off of a cliff. Remember that bit from, oh, the mid 80s I guess it was?

Sorry, but you guys who like the white on white have lousy taste! Haven't you seen the road unis of teams like Texas, Oklahoma, and Penn State? UGLY!

LSU's got the best unis in all of college football. And they wear them both at home and on the road. NO CHANGES TO THE UNIFORMS!

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They opened each Toonces skit with a song that went "Toonces, the driving cat ...... Something something ....."

10. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

Something I think most of you have all wrong and few of you get is that its just for fun. I doubt one person on this board really wants to change our uniforms.

Its just a pastime, and its fun to see a little change, even when its fake. And it gives us something to talk about.