Uniform change...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dallaslsufan, Apr 30, 2004.

1. BB

BB Founding Member

If we change? We have changed, we win championships now. We are purple and gold. White is not "who we are." Please...

White gives us no identity. 14 games last year and the 2 least significant had us in purple and gold. (that is 14%).

Color gives identity and it looks so good. With such a unique color scheme it seems stupid to stick to white so much...

Had Dinardo never made the decsion we would still be wearing colors at home. I wish we would wear OUR COLORS. Think about how good other uni's look around the league. The USC Red, the Michigan Blue, the Ohio State Red, the Nebraska Red, the Alabama Red, the Penn State Blue, the Tennessee Orange, on and on...

Our unique colors should be identified with our unique program and fanbase.

2. LSU'syourdaddy

LSU'syourdaddy Founding Member

Uniform Rule

Saban's decision a couple of years ago was to wear white jerseys in all SEC home games and the home opener.

Any other non-SEC home game will be in purple.

I personally would love to see purple at all home games, but I agree that we could wear darn near anything out there, so long as we kick some tail.

3. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

BB,

my only response to you would be that in the early days of LSU football, I do believe we wore white at home. That is the precedent I am going off of when I say "that is who we are".

I agree with you that it is awesome to see great colors like Tennessee Orange, Nebraska Red, and Texas Burnt Orange....but that is what they have always done. There is no rule that says we, as fans, cannot do that in the stands. (for the record, I oppose white outs as well at Tiger Stadium).

I like our purple uniforms a lot, but we are recognized throughout the SEC and nation for our whites.

4. Houma Tiger

Houma Tiger Founding Member

we should have a gold jersey that is the same style as our white and purple ones, kinda like notre dames green jersey

5. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

anyone have any pics of the yellow jerseys? or the white pants?

Didn't we wear yellow on yellow once a few years ago?

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This a is a tired old subject here, you new guys should study the old posts where photoshop mockups have been posted. But I repeat--white jerseys go back a long time and LSU is instantly identifiable by them across the country. We just shouldn't be changing our uniforms at every whim like Oregon or somebody. It's more than tradition, its a trademark of sorts. We don't need to lose our "corporate "identity.

White looks better anyway, the purple jerseys with gold pants and hats looks too much like Mardi Gras. Anybody old enough to remember Gerry Dinardo's experiments with purple pants, white helmets, gold jerseys and the like can remember the widespread condemnation by the fans. Those experiments were all abandoned, thank goodness. Ugly, ugly, ugly.

7. BB

BB Founding Member

Why can't we wear our school colors more? I don't know how old you think we have to be to remember the Dinardo experiments, but they are hard to forget. All I'm asking for is a little more color - can I get any love?

Also, which game will we choose as the mighty "White Out" game this year? I can't wait to intimidate everyone with my calming and peaceful white shirt... It's going to be awesome!

8. BB

BB Founding Member

A blast from the past:

[​IMG]

9. dallaslsufan

dallaslsufan Founding Member

Tradition????? Tradition is great to a point, but we have to move on sometime! We are known for our White? Common??? How lame is that. GIVE US MORE COLOR!

10. BB

BB Founding Member