Uniforms

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by charlie_c0756, Nov 28, 2009.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Was on the way to bed, but had to come back one more time and say I HATED those unis. Just did not do it for me. Not distinctive, looked like any other team with a blue or purple color. Can't compare to the regs, either dark or light. Thought I'd like the gold helmet, but like the normal one better..at least to me it looks better on tv. That is all. Sweet dreams.

hwr

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Like 'em :thumb:

2 people like this.
  3. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Wow. Shock post of the night! :eek:

I really think I like the old gold. Didn't like a single other thing with the uniforms. I'd like to see us come out one week with the old gold replacing yellow gold everywhere in our uniforms, but otherwise leaving it the same.

The gold we wore tonight doesn't look like any other team I've ever seen. Has much more of a bronze or orange tint to it.

2 people like this.
  4. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

I thought they looked sweet, especially the helmets.

Great throwback idea.

The all-white uni was OK, but not distinctive.

Gold pants the same color as the helmets would have been exceptionally cool IMO. :thumb:

Remember, we are now undefeated in these duds, so you superstitious types can take a chill pill.

5. phi1514

phi1514 Founding Member

Resounding NOOOOOOO!

6. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

The helmet looked almost orange under the lights (on TV). white pants were OK, but need more striping. Hated the numbers!

1 person likes this.
  7. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Was this a one time deal? I don't want to end up like Oregon with ****ty uniforms after a Nike redesign. :rolleye33:

8. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

Loved them. Saw Kelvin Sheppard hand his helmet off to a student post-game- I almost blew a gasket that it wasn't me.

1 person likes this.
  9. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I loved the unis and especially the helmets but Mizzou's helmets were bad azz.

10. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

Someone on ESPN called them "Boba Fett" helmets. The matte finish was so nice. EDIT: Just said they "loved them LSU helmets, by the way." after covering our highlight on SportsCenter.

The comments on the all-white. I LOVE them all white. They looked incredible from the stands. They looked incredible on TV. The helmets were absolutely awesome.

I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see them become our default. The lines were classy, yet modern. The traditional letterman "L" deserves a place on the uniform. I love the dark purple, I love the real gold. Tradition dictates we have a lighter purple and a yellow, and I love those... but my second favorite uni in CF is the all-white Texas.

I've run out of positive adjectives to use. They were a win.