Uniforms

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by charlie_c0756, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I think that if Nike gave each school alittle room to make the unis their own I think LSU could make em look really good..

I was against the change but I have to say that after seeing them I REALLY liked that gold color...I think if they had the same purple color on the helmet that they used for the strip then it would really stand out!!!

And the all white unis just dont cut it but an old gold strip down the side or even all old gold pants would be better.

2 people like this.
  2. ZDub86

ZDub86 Founding Member

I thought the helmets looked really nice. I like the actual gold look to them rather than the traditional yellow color. But the actual jerseys didn't really impress me. They need more gold in them.

1 person likes this.
  3. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

The L letterman was definitely awesome and overlooked. Kinda like the baseball throwbacks. Definitely very classy. I don't like how the stripes on the side of the legs don't go all the way up. Figures they would cut it off on one side with the Nike logo...:dis:

I absolutely love the idea of experimenting with new jerseys. While we have one of the most recognizable jerseys in CFB, it's nice to mix it up every once in a while. Not to mention, it generates a lot of excitement.

The all white is really nice. But I just watched a highlight of the game and I still got confused as to whether it was really LSU or not. Need more gold. Would def like to see a jersey like this next year !

1 person likes this.
  4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I thought they were tight. I know alot of you didn't like them, but the helmets were awesome. No way we looked like Washington. I would love to see the 'home' version (purple jersey) of that uniform, if it exists.

That said, I do not want them to replace our traditional look, but they're definitely ok to wear on occasion.

1 person likes this.
  5. Mr. Tiger Eyes

Mr. Tiger Eyes Freshman

These were given for a one time deal however nike has told all the school involved in the pro combat campaign that they can do what they want with the jerseys after they have been used for their respective game (ie auction them off, use them again) I loved the uniforms, everything from the helment, to the gloves, to the special edition cleats, the colors looked great together and im hoping we use them again...also i was wondering if anyone here could help me out.. does anyone know any of the equipment managers at LSU? i really need a favor(involving the football team), and its kind of hard for me to get ahold of anyone as i am now stationed in Japan and left the panhandle area. if anyone can help me out, please let me know.

also here just a few other photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Yeah, throw a little toonces on there.

I basically agree with this. I like how they left the graphic on the helmet alone and I liked the color. I wasn't real fond of the gold cleets, though. I thought that looked tacky. Purple cleets would probably look better.

I also liked the angular look of the helmet. I don't know about all old gold pants, but the all whites are distinctively NOT LSU. Ok once and a while, but our regular uniforms need color.

Yeah, I loved the 'L'.

Overall, not nearly as horrible as I imagined. One thing, though... the lightweight uniform may have helped Trindon, but the rest of the team looked about the same as they have all year. Maybe the uniforms helped the coaches decide to play Trindon and Sheppard more.

7. Perple

Perple Founding Member

I personally didn't care for those Uni's.

8. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

The only thing I didn't like was that it didn't LOOK like I was watching LSU. Otherwise, I liked 'em.

9. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Are these new uniforms supposed to be some kind of fashion statement? I guess the silver lining is that if you think ours look bad, take a look at Florida's!

10. TwT

TwT Denham Springs High 85'

at first I didn't like them, but about 1 quarter into the game they kinda grew on me, One thing I like about them is the players said they love them, not sure if it was the look they liked or the fit and feel.