Unlimited data with AT&T back in action

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by tirk, Jan 25, 2016.

1. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I stream Google Music in my truck, and I have satellite. Overall, Google is better for music, but I enjoy the comedy and news channels on satellite.

Can't believe I actually pay for radio now.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

if you call you can talk them down to almost free if you threaten to cancel. im sure you know this already.

CajunlostinCali and KyleK like this.
  3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Yes, when every thing you read seems to have a pic of a hot half naked woman holding a fish, I can see why.

tirk, Bengal B and KyleK like this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Oooh, oooh, fishy woman

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

When you stream music, do you stream to your phone then bluetooth to your radio? I find that the sound quality sucks balls. I have sirius or xm or whatever the hell it is and I never use more than a few gigs a month in data on my phone so I gave up the unlimited gigs a while back to save money. I just don't ever see myself watching movies on my cellphone or streaming enough music to go past 10 gigs.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I use Google Music as well. Bluetooth to my car and Bose portable speakers. Haven't had any sound issues. I actually think it is slightly better sound quality than satellite radio. I can't see me switching from Google Play Music. I am grandfathered in at $7.99 and haven't found any other service match the quality yet. I only have satellite have free trial when I start a new lease on my vehicle every 3 years.

7. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Exactly my experience. I have several different portable speakers that I stream to as well as my truck, all via bluetooth. Sound quality is excellent. @bhelmLSU , after your trial runs out, they will usually email a promotional price to you of $25 for 6 months. Well worth it.

I actually have no idea how much data I use in any given month. Some months I'll hit 25ish, but some months I doubt that I hit 5. With the unlimited, i just don't worry about it anymore.

A year ago, I stopped by my favorite restaurant/bar to watch the LSU football game. They didn't have SEC Network. I happened to have a spare Chromecast in the truck. We hooked it up real quickly and I cast the game from my phone to their tv. They had WiFi, but it was slower than my 4G, so I used 4G. Used a couple of gigs for that, but we all got to watch. Pretty cool. The bar owner comped my tab that night.

I get a 20% discount because of my former employer, so my bill for unlimited data, talk, and texts, tax included is $82.78. Not too bad.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Chromecast are great...I use them for what you just said...trips, etc...The new version has better range. I use Roku 3 in place of my cable boxes at home.

9. TwistedTiger

After 40 minutes talking to AT&T, mostly on hold I still don't even have a price for the services I want. Does anyone have decent customer service anymore?

10. TwistedTiger

If any of your phones are on the next plan you have to add each one of those monthly payments to the $180 price.