Unreal..ESPN tool Ivan Maisel......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBomber, May 5, 2004.

1. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I couldn't agree more.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I am consistent. Pick us #1 when its deserved. New team not deserved. Last year's yes. Too late, no room on the wagon. Go away ESPN.

All hype is good hype....just ask Auburn. I prefer no respect role.

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

My thoughts exactly.

Whatever happened to being happy that others viewed your team as good? :dis:

4. tirk

we were good last year but these idiots voted us 'not the best' and this one bad-mouthed all LSU fans and called TS a dump. You can have his vote, I dont want it.

5. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Just be happy.

6. tirk

no thank you. I'd be happy if it was someone I respected.

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

They're not jumping on our bandwagon. They're simply giving us the rank that they think we deserve. I can guarantee that if the final pre-season polls come out and LSU would happen to be ranked #15, these same people would be screaming "bloody murder". Some fans can't be pleased. :dis:

8. tirk

Nope I said from beginning I dont want to be preseason ranked #1 ever. Top 5 sure just so at the end of the year you started in a good position and not have to fight your way over w/o having to beat a specific team. Take UGA and put em first or AU again, that makes me happy. If we deserve #1 we will be #1 regardless whether this idiot who slammed us votes us preseason #1 or #100.

9. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

I think LSU deserves to be ranked #1 ...... :D

10. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Auburn wasn't number one last preseason. I believe they were #6.

Tirk you are looking at this from a strictly subjective point of view(as an LSU fan). Last season LSU hadn't done much to deserve anything more than what they got in the rankings. You saw it differently because you're looking at it through LSU goggles. There were lots of other fans out there thinking the same thing about their team, that they deserved more respect. You can't please everyone. Other teams had gotten more respect in the poles because, in recent history, they've showed that they deserve it. Miami, for example, is going to get more respect because they've won plenty of national champioships in recent years. LSU is just now coming into theirs and the respect will gradually follow. You can't expect everyone to respect a team that hasn't proved itself. Take a more objective view to this.