Unreal..ESPN tool Ivan Maisel......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBomber, May 5, 2004.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

twisted tiger will have to take over from here. there seems to be a lack of oxygen. I swear my ex is here.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

You're giving me much credit for things that I didn't post but let's give it a shot. Yes I want the Tigers to win every game every season as unrealistic as that is. Yes I want them to be respected, I lived in Florida in the late 80's and know how no respect feels, however a ranking anywhere in the top five before you play a single game is big time respect. I did say top 5 didn't I? I didn't say i didn't want respect or high ranking only that non #1 preseason could give the team more motivation and less big head(again see Auburn). The main point of my post was pointing out the ubsurd statement about a "true fan".

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Don't read too deeply into that "true fan" comment. It was simply a response to counter Tirk's asinine comment about a "true fan". As for the rest of our argument, I'll be happy with a #1 ranking and you can go on being disgruntled. We'll leave it at that.

4. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Regardless of where the talking heads rank us now or in the fall the Tigers need to play TIGER FOOTBALL. That's ONE GAME AT A TIME AND 110% FOR 60 MINUTES.:champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs:

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Originally Posted by BB
    I don't know what everyone is fussing about - our preseason #1 ranking is nothing like Auburn's, not even close. Auburn was floating on hype that caught fire on the cover of Sporting News, certainly not the ESPN poll. Big difference.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget that Auburn has Jason Campbell going for them, that is why they are a running team only.

I think ALL of our QB's are better than him.
    He couldn't win a BIG TIME game if he had too!

6. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

Nooooo! Let's just be glad no one pays any attention to Maisel. :)

7. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

This is a very special time for LSU FOOTBALL fans. It is the first such occurrence in my life time and it may never happen again.

I, for one, am going to enjoy this to the fullest.

One thing though.... Every game, from now on, seems so much more important than before we won the NC.

Pre-Season Rankings don't mean a thing unless you come to every game ready to play. Just look at Auburn last season. I guess I can accept the fact they lost to USC, but who would have predicted a loss to GA Tech? Next thing you know, they are out of the top 25 and losing respect very fast.

Pre-Season Rankings are very important if you can take care of business because to don't have to climb the ladder. You are already at the top.

I know that Saban will have the team mentally focused and ready to give it their all.

GEAUX TIGERS #1

8. GoldenFlashes72

GoldenFlashes72 Founding Member

Maisel has seen the light

Luke 5:32 "I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to REPENTANCE."

He has seen the error of his ways and has repented. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

One of the talking heads has come aboard the LSU wagon. :shock:

Unharden your hearts fellow Tigers and listen to the man that has seen the light.

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Complain when we don't get respect ... complain when we get respect!

There is no pleasing some people...

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I, for one, am thrilled. We're just not used to this, and it makes us nervous. As someone else said, we've waited a lifetime (in most of our cases) to be at the top of the heap in college football. Let's live it to its fullest! I spent the majority of last season, our NC season, agonizing over losing the next game--instead of anticipating the victories!

And on a side note, did any of you ever expect to see Marcus Randall on the front page of ESPN.com, side-by-side with the Super Bowl-winning QB, with a headline of "Who's #1?" It's the best time ever to be a Tiger!