Unreal..ESPN tool Ivan Maisel......

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBomber, May 5, 2004.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I think our QBs can handle the passing game well enough. I expect Jimbo Fisher to produce another balanced offense, of course, but I wouldn't be surprised to see LSU run the football more than anyone has seen around here since the Kevin Faulk days. Maybe since the Charles Alexander days.

I'm with SabanFan. We're Number One until somebody beats us.

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

The thing that some of you need to realize is that being rated #1 pre-season comes with the territory. We are venturing into waters that LSU hasn't been in in half a century. The Oklahoma's and Miami's and Ohio St's don't win the title every year. But every year they are in the top three and their name is mentioned as title contenders every year.

That's a good thing guys. Some of you guys are so worried about the fact that "the #1 team in the preseason poll never wins the championship!" While that usually ends up being true, who cares?? It's great publicity for the team and it gives recruits, high school students, and people outside of the south a reason to learn more about LSU....

3. Maderan

Maderan Founding Member

I agree about being a little afraid of being ranked number 1. But I also think we all enjoy pulling for the underdog a little bit more. LSU started last season ranked like 14 or 15 and to win it all ... wow what a run. I don't think it could've been better. I know I feel that as a fan its always more fun to see the little guy knock the big guy on his ass and get some respect. Last season we were the little guy and we did dominate and earn respect. But that also shows me that the reverse can happen to us too, now that we're on the top.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Well stated.

5. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Yeah well, the "curse" as it may be will be on USC's shoulders as well... undoubtedly the AP will have them in position @ #1 for the beginning of the season.... :D

Geaux Tigers!
    :champs:

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Speaking of Auburn and #1 I saved this tidbit from the Saturday after we beat Auburn last year to use ammo when the Auburn fans come a calling this fall:
    I personnally think its because thier QB stinks IMO
    Enjoy! ;) :lsup: :champs:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Auburn Facts

What they'll find hard to accept, however, is

Auburn's inconsistent performance in big games since Tuberville arrived. Sure, the Tigers are 5-3 in their last eight games against Top 10
    teams dating back to last year. That's good.

But they've also been completely blown out and not competitive in at least six SEC games since 2000. At least once each year since 1999, Auburn has laid an egg in a big game.

Saturday was the latest. That's not good.
    Some of that probably can be attributed to parity in the league.

Still, this team - picked as high as No. 1 in the land in the preseason - can't become a true national contender until they learn to be competitive week-in and week-out

7. BayouBomber

BayouBomber Founding Member

This isnt about being pleased, or complaining about the respect factor. Maisel has dogged LSU, its fans, and its stadium in the past repeatedly. Im in shock that he is giving us our due. Along with Trev Alberts, he is the last person I would have expected to do so. I find it a little funny that he is finallly changing his tune.

The jinx comment was a freaking joke. Some of you people really need to lighten up just a little bit.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I agree, Americans have the right to be mad about the dumb mistakes we made in treating prisoners poorly but people from the middle east have nothing to complain about. Compared to their treatment of prisoners even the abused prisoners were treated as royalty. I didn't see one single American soldier put a bullet in the head of any prisoner, the same can't be said of the other side. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

9. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I think that only chickens and losers are scared to be ranked #1 and have a bullseye on their back.
    And when I say chickens, I don't mean the animals that give us eggs! :)

10. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

You can have the eggs - I'LL TAKE THE CHICKEN...

...to Snorton, of course... :)