UPDATE: LSU vs Baylor in the Cotton is being predicted (Baylor has inside track to a BCS At-Large)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 28, 2013.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

doesn't do well?

2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

We're losing to rkansas at the half... and you thini LSU could handle Baylor... time for you're meds.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. islstl

I think he mistyped and was trying to say we don't do well in this matchup.

But yeah, after watching the first half of the Arkansas game, I hope we face someone like Maryland instead. We can win that game 10-9 I believe.

GregLSU likes this.
  4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

no, i think he meant we do well w/a Baylor matchup b/c they are a pass happy team, like A&M, and that we don't match up well w/run based teams like Arky.

5. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Baylor may be able to fly up and down the field against the Big 12, but they line is too small to do that against LSU. I truly believe you would see a result similar to the aTm game.

6. islstl

They aren't a pass happy team

They are a run happy team (48.2 runs vs 32.5 passes a game). They have probably the most effective play action plays in college football off of that dominating run game. LSU would do well to make them punt a couple of times in that game.

To give you perspective, LSU has run for 2100 yards, they have run for 2800 yards

If Lache Seastrunk can't play in that game, it may be a big deal. Of course he would have a chip on his shoulder as LSU didn't think he was worth the risk to recruit him even though he had LSU #1 as a high school senior.

They did get manhandled in Stilwater, but Okie State does that to people. Tough tough place to play well. I still say that Petty falling down going in for an easy TD changed the entire complexion of that game. If they go up 7-0, I think the game goes down to the wire.

I can't see LSU's defense holding up vs Baylor. We aren't a physically dominating defense. So we won't pose the same problem they had with the Okie State defense.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
    lsu-i-like and GregLSU like this.
  7. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

THey are an OFFENSE happy team, but their style is to pass to set up the run... similar to aTm.

islstl likes this.
  8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

And rkansas got raped by Rutger and EVERYONE in the SEC... and we're losing to them. Face it Miles coached teams only have 1 maybe 2 games a year in them... other than that we do our best to shit the bed week in and week out.

9. islstl

yeah I don't see that (A&M has 416 pass plays to 400 run plays)

For Baylor, it's run, run, run, bam hit you with the big pass play

10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yep. Baylor is definitely a run-first team, and they don't do any of this dance around to the edges bullshit. No, they run right at you, and break-off huge gains repeatedly. I do not like this matchup, and I'm tired of Okie St fucking up our postseasons.

GregLSU likes this.