UPDATE: LSU vs Baylor in the Cotton is being predicted (Baylor has inside track to a BCS At-Large)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 28, 2013.

1. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Please, though, no chicken bowl this year.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I would think so, the Sugar is going to either Alabama/Auburn/SEC East Winner depending on how A&M Mizzou and Alabama Auburn shakes out. The Outback generally goes to an SEC East Team so probably Mizzou or USCE, the Cap 1 maybe but I'm thinking Mizzou or USCE in that one also, leaving the Chik Fil A which we played in last year so that's a no go, Cotton is on par with the Cap 1, so I'm thinking Cotton. I just hope Mizzou loses today, and then USCE with a loss in the SECCG will play in the outback, Alabama will probably win the game tonight and the SECCG so that's giving Auburn the Sugar Bowl.

My projection is BCSNCG Alabama, Sugar Auburn, Cap 1 Mizzou, Outback USCE, Cotton LSU, A&M Chik Fil A. The others i'm not real sure of.

3. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Not to mention what handing them their asses would do for recruiting.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

If we beat the snot out of Texas recruits will flock to them because they know they can start immediately... Has been said when teams lose handily to other teams.

5. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

If Ohio State doesn't lose to Michigan State, there may be a chance that a 1 loss SEC team does not make it to the NCG. The bowls will have more teams to choose from before they get to LSU who is lower in the SEC rankings than Auburn, Alabama, Missouri, South Carolina, and possibly Georgia who owns a tie breaker versus LSU.

Looks more like a Indy Bowl trip.

6. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

I agree that what happens with Auburn and Ohio State (assuming Auburn wins the SEC) will determine LSUs fate. If a 1 loss SEC team isn't in the National Title game, then it drops LSU a spot.

7. BP

BP Founding Member

SEC will have it's champion and Alabama each paying in a BCS bowl, whether the championship game or not. If SEC champion is in championship game. Alabama will be in Sugar. If the SEC champions is not in the BCS championship game. that team will be in the Sugar. Alabama will still be ranked no worse than four, and, therefore, guaranteed a BCS bowl, most likely the Orange. LSU will be in the Cotton, most likely, or the Gator or Outback, at worst.

8. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

From BCS website: "No more than two teams from a conference may be selected, regardless of whether they are automatic qualifiers or at-large selections, unless two non-champions from the same conference are ranked No. 1 and No. 2 in the final BCS Standings."

Sugar -- Auburn
    Capital One -- Alabama
    Chick-Fil-A -- Missouri
    Cotton Bowl -- South Carolina
    Outback -- Georgia
    Gator -- LSU
    Indy -- Texas A&M
    Music City -- Ole Miss
    BBVA Compass -- Vandy
    Liberty Bowl -- ??

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  9. BP

BP Founding Member

Exactly, there will be two, but no more than two, SEC teams in BCS bowls. If the SEC champion is in the BCS national championship game, Alabama, which will be ranked no lower than 4th, will go to the Sugar. If the SEC champion is not in the BCS championship game, the SEC champion will go to the Sugar, and Alabama, which will be ranked no lower than 4th, will be guaranteed a spot in a BCS bowl, most likely the Orange, which should, though not a certainty, set LSU up for the Cotton Bowl.

10. dudley

dudley oops!

Any chance Alabama plays Duke in the chicken bowl?