Update on Devery Hendersen and the rest of the Seniors?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SeN-SaTioN, Feb 18, 2004.

1. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

Does anyone have any updates on how Devery and the rest of the guys entering the draft are doing?

How are their workouts coming along?

I know the NFL Combines are coming up soon, I think they're this weekend as a matter of fact.

Any insight anyone?

2. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

I had a dream the other night that Devery Henderson was a first round pick, and picked ahead of Michael Clayton (also a first rounder)

but thats all I got as of now!!!!:D :D

3. SeN-SaTioN

Here's a list of all the players that were invited to the NFL combines in Indianapolis:

NFL Combine invitees

From LSU were:

Chad Lavalais
    Stephan Peterman
    Donnie Jones
    Devery Henderson
    Marquis Hill
    Matt Mauck
    Micheal Clayton

GOOD LUCK TO THESE GUYS!!!! MAKE LSU PROUD!!!!

4. SeN-SaTioN

Check out this take on Devery...

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

More info

Wide Receiver

North
    Michael Jenkins Ohio State

South
    Devery Henderson LSU

Analysis: Henderson was the star of Mobile. He has more speed and gets more separation than I remember seeing before. It looks like I was wrong about this guy. Jenkins beat out Keary Colbert for the North and while both were impressive their speed numbers is what could be their downfall.

2. Chad Lavalais – One guy I have failed to mention in previous reports is LSU defensive tackle Chad Lavalais, a player who got a lot of attention during the LSU National Championship run. Lavalais may be the player who is fluctuating more than any other on teams draft boards. Lavalais has had what many consider to be an “up and down” week. I think Lavalais has settled into a late 2nd to mid 3rd round selection in terms of value. Teams that really seem to like Lavalais include Atlanta, Indianapolis and New England.

1. Devery Henderson - Conitnues to shine. I raved about him yesterday about being the player who has seen his stock jump more than anybody. Now that I watched both squads I stand by that, he is not only doing it but he is making it look easy. I am watching as much film on this guy as possible when I get back to Maryland. I feel like a dope not picking up on him before.

6. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Sounds like most scouts are enamored with Devery!!

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Yeah. And surprise, surprise!!! New England interested in yet ANOTHER LSU player!

That would make 5 (if Todd Kinchen gets signed againt for next season): Faulk, Davey and Jarvis Green are the others.

Belichick LOVES guys like Lavalais--and I'd imagine that since he and Saban are friends and have coached together, they tend to run the same kind of team and look for the same kind of attributes in players.

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

brian kinchen

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm thrilled to see Devery Henderson getting so much love. I often felt that he'd have been a killer if we'd had a QB who routinely and accurately threw the long ball.

He and Rivers in the Senior Bowl were quite impressive.

10. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

Nothing better than seeing the quiet, humble, unselfish team player getting some love and being rewarded.