Update on Devery Hendersen and the rest of the Seniors?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SeN-SaTioN, Feb 18, 2004.

1. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

He always had speed and explosiveness. I remember when he as a tailback...I use to hold my breathe to see if would break through the first line of defense and into the secondary. It was basically a foot race from there and no one was gonna can Devery.

One play that comes to mind that showed his speed. Against Kentucky, the Blue Grass Miracle game, he caught a screen across the middle, turn it up field right between two defenders....remember that!?

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

One of the problems with Devery early on as a running back, if memory serves me correctly (and at soon to be 39 its subject to much "haziness"), he had trouble holding on to the ball. Add Devery to the long list of running backs at LSU who went on to star at receiver: Reed, Davis, Martin. Are there others ? I guess you could count Billy Cannon, didn't he play TE at the pro level ?

3. ramah

ramah Founding Member

A shame Blue didn't get a look

Maybe he'll attend a few camps anyway

4. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

LSU’s receiver core last season was second to no one in the country, and, unfortunately, with the signing of Early Doucet and Xavier Carter, expectations may have been raised to beyond the realistic levels.

While everyone else is expecting big improvements in that part of the game, I’m just hoping for it to be close to as good as last season or just as good. And no offense against Matt Mauck, because I love the guy and will forever be a fan, but QB was the glaring weak spot on the LSU offense last season.

As I have already mentioned our receiver core was second to none, our running backs were a very big pleasant surprise, and the offensive line last season was one of the best, most experienced to have ever played at LSU. Nevertheless, I’d love to see what LSU’s offensive production would have been with a QB like Phillip Rivers at the helm last season. It would have been just unreal!

That’s why I also believe Marcus Randall doesn’t have a chance in hell at being the starter at QB next season in the fall. There is just too much room for improvement in that position, and I don’t see anyone who played behind Mauck being able to make that big of an improvement, Randall’s mainly mop up experience notwithstanding. I believe Saban’s acquisition of JaMarcus Russell and Matt Flynn represented a significant upgrade in the position, and one of those two guys will wind up being the starter next season.

5. SeN-SaTioN

Football.com's mock draft has:

1st Round:
    Micheal Clayton as the 16th pick to San Francisco

2nd Round:
    Stephan Peterman as the 6th pick (38th overall) to Cleveland

2nd Round:
    Devery Henderson as the 25th pick (57th overall) to New England...there goes another tiger to Massuchusetts

6. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Am I the only one who see's this (’)? What the hell is that?

7. SeN-SaTioN

I see it too....don't know what it is though.

Maybe he doesn't have HTML enabled or something

GEAUX :lsug: