Update on Early

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by clair, Oct 2, 2007.

1. clair

clair Rockets

Early IS expected to play after practicing a little bit the past few days.

He was always able to run throughout the injury, so for fans who saw him without a limp and wondered "WTF is wrong", the problem was never his speed 40 yards into a route, it was his speed 2 yards into the route.

What I am trying to say is that he has had trouble getting out of the blocks and pushing off to get that initial quick 1st step, which is so, so important for a wide receiver.

Without that, he simply couldn't have gotten open and would have been a non-factor.

With that being said, he is still not 100% and will be out there in the slot and such a lot just to give Florida an extra guy to guard to open up other things.

3 people like this.
  2. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

The local media reported last night that Doucet did not practice during the 15 minutes they are allowed to watch. Did he start practicing after the media left?

3. clair

clair Rockets

yeah. they won't let us watch him, because then everyone will report he will play.

but we talked to a few of the equipment managers (the best people to get the scoop from), and he practiced.

1 person likes this.
  4. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

So the big question is... Do we dare start him in our TFL?

Or is he just a distraction for the younger guys to get open and put up points?

5. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

Both, decoy and throw to.

6. clair

clair Rockets

i wouldn't get 'em.

Florida doesn't have the guys to put their #2 or #3 guy on Early, so he will get a lot of attention, causing the others to be left free.

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Miles stated he wasnt playing this evening. My contacts within have been telling me all week that he will play and used sparingly somewhat.

Wonder if he got reinjured recently trying to get prepared for the game?

8. clair

clair Rockets

if he doesn't play, which he may well not play, it'll be just because he simply isn't ready.

the thought process was that he would be a decoy, ala skyler green in his sr year, but there's no use if he can't do ANYTHING.

9. clair

clair Rockets

so we got the injury report today from the athletic dept and he has been listed as doubtful.

so he is not listed as "out"

which means i still think Miles is playing chess.

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Talked to a friend of mine today and got some details.

He wanted to play a bigger role last week and Miles didn't want to risk it since he was about 80% last week.
    This week he is at 95%.

My friend seems to think that Arnold will have a difficult time getting through the entire game since it will be a real physical battle. He is making fast progress.

Chevis is out as expected and it will be up to Eugene and some help from others. Says Chevis is light sensitive after the blow to the head. He could play if absolutely needed to.

1 person likes this.