Update

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigerskin, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

WWL-TV New Orleans justs reports...
    Bertman just left building. Said he just got off phone with Saban. Saban asked for more time. Bertman said Saban would be calling him back with a decision either tonight or tomorrow morning.

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Take all the time you want.

This is the decision of a lifetime.

I would tell Nick to take all the time he needs.

3. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Exactly what I have been saying...

All of you who keep saying that we are dreaming that Saban will stay.... Why would he want more time if he were leaving? Got It?

4. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I've been thinking all week Saban would leave. This is encouraging. LSU situation is good enough to make him think about turning down a huge raise and maybe everything he has really wanted (control) in an NFL job.

The fact he hasn't resigned yet is a tribute to LSU, if this report is correct.

5. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Skip told him to take as long as he wants, which is the only decent way to handle it.

Gotta give it up for Nick for handling this as well as coule be expected. Contrast his way of handling the past week's events with pieces of crap like John L. Smith and Coach Fran.

Some have class, some are just an ass, I guess...

6. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Stay at LSU.

7. Maderan

Maderan Founding Member

Also, could be the fins want the press conf. tom. in Miami and he is flying there in the morning. Press conf. at Miami = Bad at LSU=Good

8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I think Nick's torn between a lifelong opportunity to coach a storied NFL franchise that presents a rebuilding challenge similiar to what he faced when he took the LSU job and the tremendous outpouring of support from the LSU faithful the past few days. I can only imagine the difficulties he's facing coming to a decision. Combine that with the rumors of his families desire to stay put and Nick's between the proverbial rock and a hard place.

9. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

They are reporting now on ESPNNEWS that Saban has been meeting with his agent all day. He thinks a decision would be made before they leave for the bowl game. IVAN MAISEL was reporting. Said he spoke to a university spokesman within the last 30 minutes about them upping Sabans salary to stay and the spokesperson said they were tapped out there was nothing more to offer it is Sabans decision now. Said they are a little confused it doesn't take Saban long to order off of a menu that he really must be contemplating this thing.

10. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

There is just no way that Got It? shows up in Orlando without a decision having been announced. Can you picture the non-local press hounding him? Would he "drop the bomb" on them or what? Got It?